• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my sonic for now plz

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
You need to improve you Fairs... SH and as soon as you leave the ground do a Fair (when you land you'll have no lag and can easily control stick away to retreat). Change some Uairs for Nairs and use Aerial Spin Charge (That thing can combo for +30% like crazy)...

NNID
MasterHavik
Wow, that snake suck. Fair is good, but i like the use nair man. But you need to come to the air more when fighting snake.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
use Aerial Spin Charge
Not against Snake Utilt.

But you need to come to the air more when fighting snake.
No you don't, not unless he's also in the air.

To play against Snake, as long as he's on the ground, you should not be entering the air because he outprioritises any aerial you throw at him, including bair (which is Sonic's safest aerial). Spindashes and dash attacks clash with his tilts so I'd say to clash with them and keep tapping A so you get your jab in first. I'm not sure whose initial jab comes out faster, but as long as I keep tapping A after spindashing, I usually hit first.

You should play a very refined game that consists mainly of spindashes and grabs when on the ground with Snake. When he's in the air though, try to keep him there and try to attack him from the front, his bair is a bit ot a problem.

I think it may be best to get Snake off the edge with a low trajectory attack like Dthrow or dair, then pursue him but don't attack him. This will usually pressure the Snake to move backwards on his cypher as to avoid getting hit. You can try edgehogging or regrabbing him when he lands.

Top Bottom