• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Shiek

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
From what I watched, you werent bad. You performed quick attacks which left a slower character like samus in a hole. You also took advantage of running grabs which also helped you against samus. The only thing I can see is having problems against characters with equal speed. I'm curious how you would do against sonic. Your playstyle should work but I'm not sure Sheik's speed will be as useful as it was against Samus. You also ran off the course to attack which was good because many players fear dying when they do that and wont try it for that reason. Your playstyle was confident and aggressive and you seemed to perform well. If you would like to try against an ok sonic I would be more than willing to play you.

As for a side note: I'm the leader of the Ninjas of the Shadow Clan and your skill with Sheik makes me wonder if you would like to join. I'm sure it will help you improve your Sheik and help you find other people to play against.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Stop trying to do aerials from a dthrow. It doesn't work against anyone who knows the concept of air-dodging at the right time.

There's more than just fair, you know. As an edgeguard it's okay, except that most people will not let you edgeguard them like that in the first place if they're smart with the spacing.

Use chain for recovery. It's much better to grab the ledge than to Up+B onto the stage.

Both of you play heavily aggressively. There are a lot of options from shield that neither of you are exploring which may get you into trouble when it comes to a tournament.

USE CHAIN FOR RECOVERY.

Samus has priority in her aerials. You only have speed. Don't try to beat her aerials out with your own or you're in for some pain.

JRAFF

Smash Cadet
There's more than just fair, you know. As an edgeguard it's okay, except that most people will not let you edgeguard them like that in the first place if they're smart with the spacing.
her neutral air seems better than the fair this time around to me... when you hit with initial part of it. Correct me if I'm wrong... I don't know for sure. I've been trying to get used to using the neutral air, right now I still sometimes accidentally use fair.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Ankoku that you need to use your chain for recovery more often then what I saw, It's a lot more reliable and a lot less punishable. On your second stock you basically killed yourself by thinking too hard and imagining attacks that weren't there, you had tons of options, but you guarded against invisible attacks when you could have just dropped down further and closer to the edge and then chained up instead fo missing the chain from far away and dying after you missed your Up+B

...I do like your edge-guarding when Samus was trying to come back, but sometimes your edge guard was too aggressive and you paid for it heavily. At times when Samus is already close to the edge, or below it, or hanging on the ledge, you need to BACK OFF from the ledge area charge the needles and look for the aggressive attack after they come up prone from the ledge.

, did I mention needles? Cause you should really use the needles. If you're not doing anything, charge needles...hell, I charge them as I'm falling to recover. No Sheik should ever be taunting or showing off a dash dance...you should be charging needles.

That all being said, you have a pretty decent Sheik.

(i watched the video again, did you try to use the chain to stop Samus' approach at 0:45. That's just a bad move, I'm guessing you did it by accident...I hope.)

rklamer

Smash Cadet
Uhm... please learn to sheikdash as soon as possible. :/ (dshcncl usmash)

Use tilts more... especially ftilt. You used it, but not nearly enough.

ABUSE NAIR/BAIR. This is important.

Top Bottom