• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Samus!

X-PAC

Smash Cadet
Eh, don't take my noobish word as law, but I'd say you did great with the missile canceling and using bomb recovery to mess up Sheik's tempo.

Also, an unrelated question, but what song is that playing in the video?

mach5

Smash Journeyman
i rather critique the shiek because the shiek could of been alot better. but you could also use some work. a little more missle cancels couldn't hurt, and samus nair works just as effectivly as samus's bair. you gave away too many chances to kill a shiek when she landed on the ground with the up+b instead of sweet spotting the edge. shiek has one of the worst up+b lags ever leaving herself open for killing attacks. You need to use samus's ftilt. that move stops everything, has alot of priority and is faster then marths forward smash so why not use it?

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
OMG SWEEEEETT MUSIC!!!!
Dude that was DragonForce! They are the best speed metal band ever!!!111!!! lol
I have there ALL their songs on my Ipod!!!! DragonForce FTW! :laugh:

Oh about the match: IMO i thought you played your Samus to defensivly and got punished with needles to much, and missed a few spots to attack........

Smash Journeyman
For the most part your samus is really good.. You could have used more Nairs, Uairs and Ftilts though. And in fountian of dreams, I love using the bottom of the stage to get back with the grapple, wall jump up B! Keep up the good work!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
DTILT IS NOT AN EDGEGAURD MOVE!!! When ever you're edgeguarding, for some reason I see you going for a dtilt. As you can see, this actually puts your enemy above the level and behind you. Instead, go for moves that keep you in your advantageous position on the ledge, like angled ftilts and fsmashes, as well as utilts. You can also use a lot more homing missiles while they're further away to try to steal their second jump.

Also, you could really stand to use a lot more nairs and uairs. These are two of Samus's best moves, and you rarely used either.

Mars-

Smash Champion
You were horrible.

Actually I didn't watch the video yet. I'll watch it tonight or tomorrow.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Looks good... but I don't know what to say as far as improvement goes. I guess more SWDing, it's all the rave these days in videos.

Samus_Hats

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, attacking with air grapple is a terrible tactic. It has practically no knockback, and even when FFed, it leaves you incredibly vulnerable.

Im not sure what you were trying to do in the beggining when you were laying all those bombs and Shiek was just punishing you with needles. SWD wouldnt have worked there. You need to work on your close game. That Sheik was owning you most of the time. In the beginning half of your video, you had so many attacks that didnt even seemed aimed at the Shiek. Id hate to see what your hit percentage was.

There were times where you should have gone for an easy Nair hit, when instead you tried Dair or a MC.

Overall, you have pretty good long range skills, but you desperately need to work on your air and close range games.

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
Not bad. Less D tilt would be good. Decent spacing... some obvious constant technical error (some people just cant get consistant technical near perfection me being one of them)

-AxlT

Top Bottom