• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Pikachu!

krehz

Smash Ace
ummm is this a serious rating or more of like a joke? cuz two vid's of u losing with piakchu won't get a very high rating from me... :S

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Looks like you just picked him up and are messing around a bunch, you're just kind of using your natural prediction with an easy to control character, and messing up a lot.

I like how you're not afraid to attack with a variety of attacks and all that but your quick attack needs a lot of work, and your grab game needs a workover against characters that you can't chaingrab. F-throw to jolt to follow-up can be effective, b-throw to double jump baits to a QAC is pretty good. Tilts are pretty good as pokes but more than one at a time is asking for a hurtin.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
ummm is this a serious rating or more of like a joke? cuz two vid's of u losing with piakchu won't get a very high rating from me... :S
It's not a joke, I'm trying to find another character that i'm not completely bad with.

Osgiliath

Smash Apprentice
I left a very descriptive post, but stupid me forgot to copy and paste it before I submitted in where I immediately got a database error...so here is the summary of what I was going to say.

Losing both matches doesn't mean a thing when determining skill. Put the world's best players together, one is going to lose, doesn't mean the loser has no skill. Enough said.

1. The first thing I noticed, which also happened frequently throughout the games, is that you are whiffing too many neutral A attacks. There is no excuse for this to be happening. Why not use an attack that can do more damage and is spammable? Pikachu's down-tilt is perfect, not only can it connect 1-3 times, it also has a high chance of tripping the opponent, which means more combos. Up-tilt also works nicely on fast to medium fallers.

2. Pikachu's running attack is not worth it in all but one situation. Unless you have no time to connect with any other attack, for example the opponent is standing up from being prone on the ground and you can't react fast enough to do a smash or a short hopped aerial, use a running attack.

3. There is no more L-cancelling. If you are in the middle of the animation for an aerial when you land, YOU WILL HAVE LAG. Tremendous lag if you are using your back or down aerial, medium lag for for side and neutral aerial and little lag for up aerial.

4. Up aerial does NOT have the power it used to. Unless you are going to use it to proceed into a combo, don't use it. Neautral Air or Down Air works better, has more knockback, and has priority.

5. You don't always need to approach with a short hop -> aerial. Brawl gives Pikachu two jumps, use them to set up some mind games. Also use them to set up better aerials, especially if you know you're going to whiff the aerial or end up with lots of lag.

6. If you are serious about playing Pikachu, learn to Quick Attack Cancel. Period.

7. Your Skull Bash is another option to recover to the stage. Quick Attacking can get predictable if used a lot, especially if you just use one angle.

8. Good that you use once and while, and I hope to see more. The back aerial feint! you pretend to overshoot a jump, then once you start to descend you jump back and initiate a back aerial, allowing the momentum of the jump to carry you through. Of course this technique can only be used in the air. The reason I mention this in particular is because many opponents think Pikachu can't attack once his back is faced towards you. Boy are they wrong! lol

9. Blocking Ness' recovery with your body is a player skill, not a Pikachu skill, but worth noting.

10. Keep spamming those down smashes, it helps relieve the pressure on Pikachu if he's still controlled by a weak player. Deals easy damage, gives you the nextm move of the fight, and its easy to make contact with.

11. Something I almost missed. STOP LANDING IN FRONT OF NESS WHEN YOU USE YOUR AERIALS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE THEM LAG!!! Ness kills Pikachu's with back throws and moderate damage.

12. This is kind of a repeat of the others. Vary his moves, don't become predictable etc etc.

13. If you are going to use your Quick Attack, please don't give the opponent three seconds to act because of your falling lag. Quick Attack into the ground, if trying to recover, use Skull Bash, Lag is our enemy.

14. Lastly, practice quick attacking and various angles. As long as your angles differ by 22.5 degree it will work. Try practicing at 45 degree first.

Overall, 3.5/10

Hope this helps!

Os

Top Bottom