• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my pika!!

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
Umm ok so pika is like my 3rd char. I know most of the AT'S and while i know i need to qac alot more any other tips?? I know i should have more then 1 vid to judge on hopefully i can get some more up soon. Im attending a tournament this sat and i don't know if i want to go pika or peach(forget my name as of now. I no longer main diddy. lol)

Anyway here is the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOel7c7fGng

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Not bad at all for a new Pika.

You already recognize you need more QAC. Good stuff. Definitely don't abuse any QAC offensive tactics. Do note, though, that QAC to t-jolt is generally safe.

Definitely learn more grab combos. You love that forward throw, but practice with the down throw and chain it into u-tilts and be imaginative from there to continue the combo. You'll rack up more damage on your throws like this.
Similarly, use fair combos. You didn't try to combo from your fairs even once. This is not something you should abuse, but catch your opponent off-guard with it and you can rack up as much damage as your grab combos.

I noticed you did QAC to thunder one time when Luigi wasn't even stunned from a previous attack. This is a no no. Don't do it unless your opponent is in the air.
On the same note as thunder, use it to edgeguard! I can't stress this enough.

Implement those tips into your gameplay and you will have one badass Pika.

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
Not bad at all for a new Pika.

You already recognize you need more QAC. Good stuff. Definitely don't abuse any QAC offensive tactics. Do note, though, that QAC to t-jolt is generally safe.

Definitely learn more grab combos. You love that forward throw, but practice with the down throw and chain it into u-tilts and be imaginative from there to continue the combo. You'll rack up more damage on your throws like this.
Similarly, use fair combos. You didn't try to combo from your fairs even once. This is not something you should abuse, but catch your opponent off-guard with it and you can rack up as much damage as your grab combos.

I noticed you did QAC to thunder one time when Luigi wasn't even stunned from a previous attack. This is a no no. Don't do it unless your opponent is in the air.
On the same note as thunder, use it to edgeguard! I can't stress this enough.

Implement those tips into your gameplay and you will have one badass Pika.
Yea thanks alot on this. I know the standard down throw combos(down throw-utit-up air etc) It's just hard to land on luigi due to his sliding after the initial down throw. I find it easier to foward throw him. And yes i do need to combo more after a fair.

And about qac. Im really just experimenting right now trying to find out what to do in certain situations and the spacing needed for different attacks out of the qac. Qac to down air i can land a good amount of time. I have landed a qac to sweetspot thunder a couple times but i still have a hard time landing this. Also using qac to edge guard is a pain as i usally ko myself lol. And i will use thunder to edgeguard alot more. Due to my aggressive playstyle i kill myself more then once trying to use qac to beat my opponent to the hit. lol. I have some friends coming over today since were all training for a tourney tomorrow. Suppose to be some big names coming and we all want to make a name for ourselves! I will use pika in a couple of these matches and post them up later tonight! For some much needed input before the tournament tomorrow Thanks alot!

5ive

Smash Champion
Due to my aggressive playstyle i kill myself more then once trying to use qac to beat my opponent to the hit. lol.
It's not your aggressive playstyle. It's just the lack of experience with QAC or even Pikachu all together. My tip: Practice QAC (the more you practise, the easier it is to control), and go to the video thread and watch some anther.

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
It's not your aggressive playstyle. It's just the lack of experience with QAC or even Pikachu all together. My tip: Practice QAC (the more you practise, the easier it is to control), and go to the video thread and watch some anther.
your probably right. i'll have some more vids up tonight.

Top Bottom