• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Pearl team

smashman90

Smash Lord
This is just my team without legendaries and I didn't list them in any specific order. I know that my natures probably suck, but oh well, that's why we have breeding and trading. :p

1. Donphan-lefties
Ability: Sturdy
Impish

Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Roar
EQ

2. Heracross(aka Megalon)- Expert Belt
Ability: Guts
Adamant

Megahorn
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Night Slash

3. Gengar-Leftovers/ Expert Belt (can't decide which item)
Ability: Levitate
Modest

Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Tbolt
Focus Blast

4. Tyranitar(aka Gojira)-Expert Belt
Ability: Sandstream
Modest

Dark Pulse
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Flamethrower

5. Blissey- lefties
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold

Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Twave
Ice beam

6. Garchomp - Life Orb
Ability: Sand veil
Jolly

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang

ss118

Smash Master
This is just my team without legendaries and I didn't list them in any specific order. I know that my natures probably suck, but oh well, that's why we have breeding and trading. :p

1. Donphan-lefties
Ability: Sturdy
ImpishGood nature, with ok attacks. Decent hazer, stealth rock setup, overall nice

Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Roar
EQ

2. Heracross(aka Megalon)- Expert Belt(Choice Band, or keep it if you like it)
Ability: Guts
Adamant(Great!)

Megahorn
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Night Slash

3. Gengar-Leftovers/ Expert Belt (can't decide which item)Unless I'm wrong, Expert Belt increases physical attacks. None of your attacks are physical, so replace it with those special glasses(not spec)
Ability: Levitate
ModestGreat, again!

Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Tbolt
Focus Blast

4. Tyranitar(aka Gojira)-Expert BeltRead above, possibly choice specs
Ability: Sandstream
ModestRead the one above the above

Dark Pulse
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Flamethrower

5. Blissey- lefties
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold

Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Twave
Ice beam
Nothing to say except good job =)

6. Garchomp - Life Orb
Ability: Sand veil
Jolly

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang
Read Above T.T
I'm surprised this is in-game. Very nice job, keep it up XD

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Weavile could somewhat screw your team. Weavile has STAB Ice Punch for Donphan, but thanks to Donphan's high defense and STAB Earthquake, and Weavile's low defense Donphan will probably survive an Ice Punch and OHKO with EQ. Thanks to Impish, which is Def+ SA-, your Donphan will have even more defense.

Weavile will outspeed Heracross and probably OHKO with Aerial Ace, but if Weavile doesn't have Aerial Ace and you survive it's attack, Heracross will OHKO Weavile with Close Combat guaranteed, thanks to STAB, CC's high power, Heracross' high attack, Weavile's low defense AND having 4x weakness to Fighting. Yeah. Ownage. Adamant is excellent for Heracross.

Weavile can OHKO or 2HKO Tyranitar with Brick Break, but if not, Tyranitar can OHKO or 2HKO, maybe 3HKO with Flamethrower. Your Tyranitar seems to use special attacks. No offense, but Blissey would wall you. The way I see it, Tyranitar is better for physical, because of high attack, Dragon Dance, and Earthquake and Crunch, which also get STAB.

Weavile will outspeed Garchomp and OHKO with STAB Ice Punch, but if you somehow survive or for some reason don't get hit, Garchomp will OHKO with any of it's moves, especially Fire Fang. Jolly is good, as your Garchomp doesn't use special attacks and could use some more speed.

You Blissey is very good, but I might change Thunder Wave. This is because of Electrivire's ability. If the opponent predicts well, TWave will activate Electric Engine and increase Electrivire's speed. Electrivire is popular because of Gyarados. People predict a Thunderbolt or TWave, switch to Electrivire, and increase it's speed. And, to a lesser extent, Garchomp, Rhyperior, and Hippowdon resist TWave.

I know NOTHING good about Gengar, so I can't help you there.

Overall, nice team. Change Tyranitar to physical, and watch out for Weavile. 8/10

smashman90

Smash Lord
I forgot to mention that since I don't have wifi or another DS yet, I can't get pokemon like Porygon-Z. Yeah, I knew that Weavile was a threat but then again, a lot of teams can be crippled by Weavile. Actually, I have been thinking about replacing Tyranitar with a Weavile.
What would be a good attack to replace Twave in case I should replace it?

ss118

Smash Master
Most likely sing, since it's accuracy has gone from the dreaded 55% to a decent 80%, which is the same as using Stone Edge. >.>

While on the topic of Stone Edge, let me say how it's INSANE that people use that move with it's low accuracy? I already get enough misses with Rock Slide, why just make me suffer more with this? At least Sing's COMPLETELY immobilizes the opponent if it hits.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
If you're thinking about using Weavile, here's a good set:

Ice Punch/Ice Shard Jolly(Spd+ SA-)
Brick Break 40 hp / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Night Slash/Aerial Ace Choice Band
Pursuit/Swords Dance

Ice Punch is the stronger STAB attack, but since Ice Shard is the Ice version of Quick Attack, you can OHKO Dragon Dancing Salamence and Dragonite, as well as Choice Scarf Garchomp. Brick Break can OHKO Tyranitar. Night Slash has STAB, but Arial Ace can OHKO Heracross. With Choice Band, not only will you guaranteed OHKO the mentioned Pokemon, but you'll also OHKO Azelf with Pursuit, even if it doesn't switch out. You can use Swords Dance over Pursuit for physical sweeping.

You don't need max speed EVs, but try to get up to 373 to outspeed Dugtrio, Alakazam, and Sceptile. Go for max Attack, with any left over in Hp. The 40 EVs in Hp let Weavile survive Flamethrower from a 349 Special Attack Azelf, which will do 80-94%. Weavile even has a small chance of surviving an Expert Belt Flamethrower, doing 96-100% to Weavile.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Alright, I can't get my chansey from FR to emerald since I don't have a link cable for my micro(Yes, I own a micro since they were dirt cheap at the time I bought it) that can connect to my gba. But I can still get one to learn aromatherapy in D/P. So what would be a good alternative for ST? But on a side note, I did manage to get a salac berry, so I can transfer that over and start growing them.

Top Bottom