• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Olimar

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
hmmm... I can't really tell how good you are. Your friend isn't very good with ike(sorry) and he should be any easy win for olimar. I can't really critique anything until you show me better competition... sorry man.

um, space more. try to play much more defensively against ike. don't run in and attack like you did unless it's accommodated by pikmen thrown. keep playing!

Turbo Grafx-16

Smash Cadet
hmmm... I can't really tell how good you are. Your friend isn't very good with ike(sorry) and he should be any easy win for olimar. I can't really critique anything until you show me better competition... sorry man.

um, space more. try to play much more defensively against ike. don't run in and attack like you did unless it's accommodated by pikmen thrown. keep playing!
Yeah, my Ike is pretty bad, I just played him because Fallen told me to. :p

Anyway, on topic, I can't actually judge Olimar... you are anoying to fight though.

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
Ike, the character, is terrible. His moves take forever and then he just stands there begging to swallow whatever fat pikmin you want to launch into his mouth. I think you'd benefit from being more familiar with characters' movesets and then being able to predict and counter attacks. Specifically, Ike's UpB gives you enough time to get in position and charge up a Fsmash. Otherwise, following up grabs with an UpAir because it's hard to pull off the grab to Usmash combo unless they are at 0%.

IR.O.B.edC.Falcon

Smash Apprentice
I laughed at "You heard the counter. You heard the counter."
Anyway, try to play more defensive and latch more.

bdance23

Smash Cadet
Throw more pikmin especially vs a slow character like ike because he will have a lot on his hands just getting the pikmin off him.

I know Usmash is one of his best moves, but you spam it too much. Notice how after time the knockback kinda wore off? Just try to mix it up a bit more.

Try some tilts too, I didn't see too many. They usually throw the opponents off guard b/c they don't hit very far, and usually the opponents expect a lot of range from olimar(his smashes) so they are good to throw in there.

I think neutral A head butt does like 15%? its a decent amount for a tilt and comes out fairly fast.

Hope this helps

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
I lol'd when he was like "You better prepare yourself!"Retarted Ike quotes ftw. :laugh:

asob4

Smash Champion
i noticed you never really punished him for the lag. IKE IS LAGGY AND SLOW! capitalize. whenever you both landed and he was laggy you shielded instead of going straight to another attack and pressuring him.

good ike's always use those **** auto cancelled moves >_> ****in ike....

another way is just space and pikmin throw a lot to distract then go aggressive

Top Bottom