• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my marth

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
Hey all. I'm kinda new to these forums, but I've been playing smash for awhile. This is a vid of me and Jmic (you may know him as the guy who start the Captain Falcon video thread) playing friendlies. I was hoping you pros can offer me advice on how to improve my game.

There are a bunch of other vids of me on there as well, my game tag is Juzz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrCL5eEGjVs

Thanks!

Rune

Smash Lord
Spacing, more or less only when trying to grab should you be in range of enemy attack. You also miss quite a few L-cancels, especially on your bairs.

CF needs space to build up some speed so he can race through your aura of swordly delights, do not give him that space, yet stay out of his attack range. Take control of the match, use your sword like a cattle prodder to herd that CF into a corner and keep him there while you rack up damage as you attempt to push him over the edge and abuse his easy to edgeguard recovery moves.

Tell your friend to vary his attacks, he's very predictable.

Top Bottom