• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my mario

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Your mario is too predictable in his approaches, but the only reason you capitalized on that was because the DK wasn't very good (waaaay too many fairs). Don't approach with fair either, because if you miss that you are ripe for punishment. Use more fireballs too. They are great to set up in downsmashes or fsmashes. Watch how you recover, you don't sweetspot the edge often enough, which can get you killed if you are the one being edge guarded. If you are interested, I can upload a video of a DK and Mario that i think you can learn from.

I'll have more to critique after i watch the video a few more times later.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
Your very predictable, there were no combos. you really should use fire balls more. Personally i agree with Alias, the Dk player failed miserably compared to Ripple or even my bro.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
That DK wasnt too good. I barley watched it all but I can try and help you. Oblique and I have had so many DK vs Mario match-ups.

Things To Do
-Get a good fireball approach. Or any approach.
-Learn to cape gimp and fludd gimp, it doesnt work to well on DK. But learn to master this.
-Learn to space your moves.

Just change up your game, its very..... how you say.... predictable?

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice
true...well i understand wa yal sayin ..but i dont play wit mario ya know. iwas usin him for the lulz...my real main is sonic.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
true...well i understand wa yal sayin ..but i dont play wit mario ya know. iwas usin him for the lulz...my real main is sonic.
Yah, but you didn't use his aerials well at all and I'm surprised you didn't abuse the stutter step at all with all the Fsmashes that you used. I'll give you credit for trying Mario and spacing decently but there's TONS you need to improve on; you haven't even reached the tip of the iceberg my friend. Just keep practicing, watch some other vids and you'll improve. Kudos to you for even trying out Mario.

PS: That DK wasn't very good

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
yea thanks.. i may try him, but i have to many mains as it is
Just pick one character, get everything down with them, and move on. Sonic has so many AT's, it would take a long time to master him.

PS i got the data for the videos i told you about, i'll upload them tomorrow (I couldn't borrow the laptop with the capture card today).

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice
Just pick one character, get everything down with them, and move on. Sonic has so many AT's, it would take a long time to master him.

PS i got the data for the videos i told you about, i'll upload them tomorrow (I couldn't borrow the laptop with the capture card today).
i see thanks alot man...=D

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice

also, i will continue you to try an master sonic das my numbah 1 main..i cant get rid of him.,..i know it ga b hard..but rewardin in the end...dont u agree?

Top Bottom