• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Luigi

Jx31

Smash Ace
At a recent smashfest, I joined a low tier tournament for experience(I haven't been playing compeitive smash for too long.).

Even though this is one of the few times I ever played as Luigi(I main Marth and sub Ganon), I really enjoyed the experience and would like to use him more in the future.

Btw-These matches are me(Jx31) vs Xio, NOT Xio vs Reflex. I repeat the Blue Luigi is ME not Xio, that is a title error.

Jx31(Blue Luigi) vs Xio(G & W, White Luigi)
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Thanks.

C 3

Smash Ace
-More wavelands
-Use short hop aerials, double aerials require an l-cancel
-wavedash to smashes/tilts/jabs to grabs, smashes, tilts and Up B
-Avoid firing useless fireballs
-Less rolling
-Don't down throw G&W
-Be less stationary, more wavedashing and wavedash variations
-work on your DI
-No dash attacks!

Jx31

Smash Ace
Thanks for the advice, though, I thought I rolled a grand total of two times >.>.(Nm about the rolling, I see what you mean. The one time I rolled in game three it costed me a entire stock -_-)

Any other comments from anyone?

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Just a few shizzles ;)

1) Stationary:
You're too stationary. Move around, wavedash all over.

2) Down Throw:
Down Throw = Teh no On G&W
When you throw, I'm suggesting Back Throw.

3) Dash Attack?:
Don't use it lol. For suprise attacks? No.

4) Do you SH Aerial enough?:
SH Aerial some more (a lot more)

5) Approaching?:
I'd rather Luigi approach with the wavedash to a tilt/smash/jab/throw
Use the Down B!!!!

FloatingLuigi

Smash Rookie
1. First thing, Dash attack = You lose. Dash Attack from Wavedash = You get laughed at then! you lose
2. SHFL!? Shfl like mad beast.
3. You opponent is about to smash you forward, say its a Samus. Give that little suit wearing hoe the dash-dash Forward smash. Wave dadh forward, then here comes her Smash, Wave dash back, when her smash is in the lag time, dash back with a F-Smash. Work on most Characters and on most of their moves.
4. When your coming up to an opponent, it should always be in wave dash form. Also, say your wave dash, and you know its going to make contact with a charged Down smash from any Char( cept Peach, i think her Down smash can connect evern if you Short hop over it, i dont really know) Wave dash then go into a short hop. Smask em in the face with out Karate F-air
5. Never stop the movement, Luigi needs to be fast, surprising. Always spot their mistakes, whenever they try to make contact and miss, follow it and give them punishment.
6. Avoid this as well. Fireballs. Specially green ones. They make you lose. Its been proven. Unless your a mastermind, and know exactly what your doing with Luigi.

Hope this helps :(

smellysmallwood

Smash Cadet
Ok ur a good luigi but have afue floors. Firstly u often wavedash straight into ur opponent this is not good.
Second dont use the dash attack hardly ever a good opponent will see it coming a mile away
Third u need to practice teching.
And try some more shffling.
(And just because im a smash noob dosent meen i dont know my stuff)

Top Bottom