• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Link...

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Ok I know I'm asking for some beating here but I want to know what can help my game. I'm one of the best here, being able to take out everyone but one Sheik player. Now I can beat this one because he just picked up the game no less than a year ago.
Somethings I already know:
1. I know I need to work on my L-canceling. I really only ever get it off on the dair and that is only sometimes.
2. I need to cut back on the spin.
3. The pause is my finger slipping over the start button and wasn't intentional.
4.When I do spin I try to stay on the ground, but my controller doesn't like me.
I don't use very many adavnced techs and I'm a casual, as well as everybody else I play. The Falco I played is working on the SHL and I should tell him what pillaring is, and the shiek is really just experimenting. Both of them played rather bad as well.

Ok onto the Links...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUo33tgOCoA Laa Vs Bill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeSx9moJYhY Laa vs Geo

mkmelee

Smash Lord
It's not just the others who played badly to be honest. It seemed at times that you were playing a guessing game, doing dtilts when they were 10 feet in the air and dash attacks when they were nowhere in sight. Being able to do simple moves is one thing, but seriously to get anywhere in smash, being able to throw attacks that will likely hit your opponent is absolutely essential. The few grabs you landed did little to help you other than to flail your opponent off for a second. Link has a great grab for a reason. Land combos. If anything, at least go for an up-tilt after a down throw or the plain old spin attack. Boomerangs were thrown nearly every chance you got which isn't a good thing. Rangs are primarily to set things up so you can land a few good hits, and not to rack up damage.

It's difficult to explain everything you need to learn so my suggestion is that you find some good videos of link players such as aniki, germ, lord hdl, el lovo, ss4ricky etc., and you practice what they do. Honestly, it's one of the best things you can do. They have the skills. You don't. So do what they do, and I guarantee you within a few months you will see a dramatic improvement.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Ok if you look at the fight with sheik I do usually spin after a downthrow. But I know the falco I play learn how to tech just for times like that so I'm trying to figure out something else to do. I use the rang to keep people from charging me or to set up some kind of combo.
I was actually playing while reading this and I tried the sex kick off the edge more and it seems to be working. I tried it before but I'd end up not being able to get back up, but I think I've gotten over that.
What I really need to do is get a video of the sheik I have problems with. I can't find a weakness in his game at all, I know there is some and I know I can beat him with Link because I've gotten very close, but I just can't beat him.
Either way the suggestions are appreciated and I'll try to get more Videos up to be bashed upon...

Lightshade

Smash Ace
You seem to know some helpful techniques, but you need to keep track of your tools. It also looked like you forgot you threw the boomerang, and that can leave you open. The falco player never spiked as much, which is a shame. Overall, your game is pretty good. One more thing, when playing as Link, use your boomerang a little less and take out more bombs, they are much more helpful.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
The falco knows he can't spike me. it never works so he just doesn't try...I always thought that the rang was the better projectile...guess I was wrong.

Top Bottom