• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my King Dedede!

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about rating, but your D3 is pretty solid, though a couple things that I noticed were:
Using SDJ (UpB) when unnecessary, but then again, the matches were against a Rob
Lack of SH Bairs
Used Fsmash a bit in the first vid (I know it's fun cuz I used to use it quite a bit, but you'll get punished)
Lack of Utilt (though I saw it spammed a bit in the second vid, but use it as a finisher)

But overall, a great D3. I switched over from Olimar to D3, but I consider Olimar my secondary. They're an interesting duo, that's for sure.

M4Dd0g

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if rob is one of the cursed 7, but you kept trying to cg him, after a dthrow you can just ftilt for spacing. apart from that, everything evelgest said and pretty good otherwise

M4Dd0g

Smash Rookie
there are 7 characters who can be chain grabbed by dedede, they can be dthrowed and grabbed again without being able to escape, but ddd has to dash forward a little bit to grab again, so you will reach the edge and at that point the opponent will be able to recover to the edge (or not). donkey kong can be cged infinitely without ddd moving, so 1 grab = death for him, but that's a whole other disscussion.

so yeah the cursed 7 are the characters ddd can cg.

oh yeah, and if you're against a wall, then you can cg considerably more than just the cursed 7, you were doing that in the second vid for a bit i think.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Cursed 7 refers to the 5 characters who Dedede can chaingrab infinite (Mario, Luigi, Samus, DK, Bowser), and Ness and Lucas because they can be release grab infinited by Marth. Basically because in these matchups, 1 grab = loss of stock.

M4Dd0g

Smash Rookie
obviously rapid assassin knows more on the cursed 7 than i do, but the point is: use dthrow + ftilt when cging isn't available and do everything evelgest said.

Top Bottom