• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my ice climbers please

byron

Smash Apprentice
byron(ice) vs khepri(falcom)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYs-YFcNEM

id have more vids but khepri seemed to have erased his old vids of me and him so this is all i got so far im hopeing to take this ice to scsyn3 so tell me your honest oponion about it. its my last recorded fight with somebody who is good sooo.......
also khepri told me he quit smash so i guess i wont be playing him again:(

Eisig

Smash Rookie
To begin with, nice ice climbers.

You had some very solid grab combos and a pretty good solo popo.

However, there are a few critical things that you might want to work on.

These manly include:

-Fluidity
-Variance

Let me explain.

Your overall stage movement felt forced at times. I noticed that you stood still quite a bit when edge-guarding or ice block approaching. Just be sure that you smoothly transition with your attacks and desynches to improve your non-throwing combos, set-ups, and finishes.

Another point that I should bring up is your ability to effectively switch up your game. Even though ice block and jab approaches can be very helpful, don't be afraid to try out some desyched aerials, smashes, or even well placed dash attacks to insure that your opponent remains off balance at all times. Also, try using back airs or (while popo is invincible from climbing back onto the stage) nana smashes in order to edge-guard.

In summary, try to maintain constant, fluid stage movement (without being reckless) and be sure to vary all parts of your game (even your throws).

I realize that this critique might seem negative, but that is not the case. There is no doubt that you have potential. If you take some advice and incorporate it into your play style, you'll have some pretty lethal climbers.

On that note, good luck to you with your future tournaments. I hope that I helped you out a bit.

Feel free to ask me for any more assistance or discussion.

byron

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the advice man. I do have trouble being consistant its just the ice climbers take a toll on my fingers ya know?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Try using rolls into blizzard rather than rolls into iceblock. He can't clink with the blizzard and it's more likely to get you grabs because of the multi-hits.

At low percents, you can crouch-cancel Falcon's forward+b into a dashing grab. This will get you the KOs off your reverse d-throw d-air. Typically a Falcon will use forward+b as he lands from an aerial and then runs away, so that's when you want to watch for it.

You need to connect your moves better. Delaying them for spacing, timing, and mix-up purposes is fine, but generally your wavedashes should have a faster rhythm. Practice wavedashing then jabbing or d-smashing as soon as you possibly can. Same with l-canceled aerials, same with your jabs. It takes time, but that should be a focus of your practice right now.

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
I even have a curious question, what do you input for nana to do the d-air, so the falcon landed behind you, not in front?

byron

Smash Apprentice
I even have a curious question, what do you input for nana to do the d-air, so the falcon landed behind you, not in front?

just down throw with popo then dash fworad a littlle with the joystick then do her d-air then hold back on the joystick to make popo turn around because when u get the timing right he will land behind u every time. and then repeat.

he lands behing u because he hits the far left of nana's hammer instead of the middle.
hope this helps. it took me like 3 minn. to learn this. so u should be fine:laugh:

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
just down throw with popo then dash fworad a littlle with the joystick then do her d-air then hold back on the joystick to make popo turn around because when u get the timing right he will land behind u every time. and then repeat.

he lands behing u because he hits the far left of nana's hammer instead of the middle.
hope this helps. it took me like 3 minn. to learn this. so u should be fine:laugh:
Alright yeah, I knew the theoretics, I was just having a little trouble with the acutal process.

Thanks btw.

Top Bottom