• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my friend

Kayn

Smash Cadet
ok, so as far as I could see
1. your friend needs to space better
2. don't roll as much
3. don't dash attack so much(the lag isn't worth it especially when it hits a sheild)
4. don't fsmash so much(it also has considerable lag and multiple times he fsmashed a sheild. That's easily punishable)
5. Edgegaurding. That last stock was a stupid loss. There are better ways to edgegaurd especially if he's not used to pulling fancy moves like that. I personally cannot sideB off the edge and connect with the fourth part. So i don't do it in matches but I practice on my own.

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
Ouch... I suggest you direct your Marth friend here to read and re-read the stickies. He spams roll and random F-smashes and dash attacks way, way, way to often, needs to learn how to L-Cancel, SHFFL and Wavedash (By learn, I mean implement into his game, not learn how to do the tech, which he can do). His spacing and edgeguarding was pretty appaling, tell him/her to always hit with the tip of Marths sword for the most knockback and the least chance of bieng shieldgrabbed. Also, try getting him/her to sweetspot the edge when recovering with Marth. DI was also an Issue, but i'm not so good at that so I'm not gonna comment on that lol.

Sorry If I sound a little harsh, but its difficult to rate someone who has so much to learn. Just direct him to the stickies here, and the improvement rate should shoot through the roof!

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't go to SmashBoards. He relies on me to tell him what he needs to work on. He can SHFFL, wavedash and L-cancel. One of the reasons he played like this though is because he's not used to playing my Ness. I usually play as Fox which he does a lot better against. Either way I'll tell him about this stuff.

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't go to SmashBoards. He relies on me to tell him what he needs to work on. He can SHFFL, wavedash and L-cancel. One of the reasons he played like this though is because he's not used to playing my Ness. I usually play as Fox which he does a lot better against. Either way I'll tell him about this stuff.
No johns :laugh:. Sorry just wanted to say that.

I do realise your friend can do those techs, he just hasn't implemented them into his game well at all. Thats the hardest bit about advanced techs, not the actuall learning of them, but having the knowledge of how to use them. Your friend missed a lot of L-Cancels as well, though.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
The only tilt my friend really uses is dtilt. He fair spams sometimes but usually on a bigger stage than YS. But that's his problem. He changes what he does in smaller stages that really hurt him. In a small stage, all really does is fsmash spam. But you guys gave some good advice so I'll tell him about it.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Your friend needs to do less shield rolling its slow. Wavedashes are better for what he is trying to accomplish with the shield rolls. His random smash attacks aren't good, he'll get punished for all those misses, same with his dash attacks. Needs more SHFFL moves, the fair of Marth is like his main attack.

As for getting back to the edge, do >B a few times to get closer first then jump it is better, the distance recovered is more. But sometimes I jump first when I feel I'm flying too fast, but anyone tell me if that makes a difference or not?

Top Bottom