• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Falco Combo Vid

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Hey Smashers, how ya doin'?.
I made my own Falco combo video a little while ago, but I'm not so sure about my weak points, so I was thinking that maybe you could check it out, and tell me what I need to improve. That would mean a lot to me.

P.S.: The link to the video is in my sig.

xelad1

Smash Ace
pretty cool I like the opening... YEAH TUPAC SHAKUR.... naw man FALCO.... that was awesome. By the way what's the name of that Ramstein song in the begining I heard it once in that movie XXX with Vin Diesel but never found out the name of it haha

I don't really know what to critique about it I've seen so many falco combo videos they all just sort of start to look the same after a while... shine dair shine shine blah blah... I mean just watching a falco match by itself feels like a combo video sometimes. This isn't meant to offend you in any way but maybe you should ask yourself if you're happy with your combo video? Did you enjoy making it, do you like the end result? If so then mission accomplished. My only critique is that 8 minutes seems awfully long to me.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
pretty cool I like the opening... YEAH TUPAC SHAKUR.... naw man FALCO.... that was awesome. By the way what's the name of that Ramstein song in the begining I heard it once in that movie XXX with Vin Diesel but never found out the name of it haha

I don't really know what to critique about it I've seen so many falco combo videos they all just sort of start to look the same after a while... shine dair shine shine blah blah... I mean just watching a falco match by itself feels like a combo video sometimes. This isn't meant to offend you in any way but maybe you should ask yourself if you're happy with your combo video? Did you enjoy making it, do you like the end result? If so then mission accomplished. My only critique is that 8 minutes seems awfully long to me.
The name of the Rammstein song is "Fever Frei". And you're right, all Falco's play kinda the same, but what can one do? :urg:
Anyway, I'm fairly satisfied with the results, the only thing I've been told is that my opponents don't know how to DI, but that's not my fault btw :chuckle:

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
uh...I'll give it an 8/10. It's a good video.

First of all, most of these combos, especially the shine combos, will not work on pros in tournaments. I could easily DI out of that and virtually **** you for that. Secondly, you could have combo'd much faster if you shffled your attacks, which I don't think you did. Use short hops more consistantly. Also, L-cancel for faster combos. L-cancel, L-cancel, L-cancel.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
as far as i could tell, he did l-cancel.

but those clips were all so short. its like you found every clip of you hitting anyone and put it into a video. none of them were very impressive.

if you look at shiz and forward's videos, they were impressive and featured moves and combos that only they could do. i think if youre going to make a combo video it should be more like that. instead of basic combos against non-DI-ing, non-teching opponents.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Well, I live in a country where 70% of the Smash players don't know what a wavedash is, so most of my opponents are non-DI-ing and non-teching.

And I would like to know which are those "featured combos" you talk about, since most falcos do the same things.

Thanks for the comments anyway

xelad1

Smash Ace
The name of the Rammstein song is "Fever Frei". And you're right, all Falco's play kinda the same, but what can one do? :urg:
Anyway, I'm fairly satisfied with the results, the only thing I've been told is that my opponents don't know how to DI, but that's not my fault btw :chuckle:
haha finally I know the name of that Rammstein song... see how useful the smash community is! BTW where the hell did that rediculous falco picture in your sig go I liked it haha.

Top Bottom