• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Diddy!

Cardd

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bq2VThjakA
plz, any feed back would be sweet, just ignore the first 40 secs, i was being attacking while playing and it was hard to concentrate. After that it's all good.
Also, i have a DK and lucas up for tips if you know anything about those 2.

thx in advance.

xcapablancax

Smash Cadet
put up a vid of you in final destination. cant really evaluate your banana skills too well here

Cardd

Smash Cadet
i proly will later today, but i was able to get some really funny banna kills on delfino.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
At the beginning you didn't take out bananas right from the start. Do that because they are what makes Diddy amazing. You started out the game without amazingness =[ Also when you do dash attacks you can do ANYTHING(I think) right out of it without lag time. That makes it hard to shield grab you and makes your game quicker. Learn how to juggle your opponent with your bananas. Since you are at a lower level of competition IMO(no offense), it might be a good time to go learn the "Advance techniques" and incorporate them in your play so that they are 2nd nature NOW instead of trying to do it against better players. Diddy is awesome, so keep it up =]

Cardd

Smash Cadet
i didn't pull em out on the first sec cuz it was delfino..... and the woulda landed on a platform and i woulda had to get em, woulda wasted time.

sides, i said ignore first 40 secs didn't i? lol

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
i didn't pull em out on the first sec cuz it was delfino..... and the woulda landed on a platform and i woulda had to get em, woulda wasted time.

sides, i said ignore first 40 secs didn't i? lol
I didn't read your post, I just clicked on the link and posted my opinion. I always take out my bananas. Whether they are on a platform or not they are out and you have that much more level control. Also it's not hard AT ALL to retrieve them quickly. All you do is air dodge into it...and you were against an IKE lol...

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
You've definitely got the right idea on how to play Diddy, but as others have said, I think a Final Destination video would be a better level to show off on, considering that is EASILY Diddy's best level. No platforms = No obstructions for your bananas.

Just a couple comments. I think you need to keep an eye on your bananas more. A smart opponent will continually try to steal 'em away from you, as your opponent did, but more often then not, they will be really predictable with where they are going to throw them, so use that to your advantage and counterattack accordingly.

Also, Diddy's dash attack is arguably one of his best moves, and it's important to keep in mind that you can do anything after using it due to the lack of lag. A popular choice is to perform a neutral A combo (the two jabs + tail slap thing) which will completely eat away at your opponents shield and force them to bring it down. You can also roll away from the opponent as they try to grab you and follow up with another dash attack, so be sure to use all your options.

One final thing: Diddy is a momentum player. The more you keep your opponent pressured with those bananas, the more control over the match you'll have. Once they make you slip on them, however, you'll start losing your mojo, and it'll take a lot to regain that lost momentum. So while it may be an obvious tip, don't let your opponent use those bananas against you, because it will SERIOUSLY mess with your head, and mentally screw you over. :p

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
It was an okay diddy, but its just not fast enough. Your diddy needs to be faster like n4n3rz.
My playstyle is just like n4n3rz and is just as fast as him.
When you use nanaz, your suppose to be ****** them hella bad, meaning spam it everywhere.

Cardd

Smash Cadet
who's that?

and i used the bananas pretty much constantly i thought. I wouldn't know how to use em anymore then that.

Arek

Smash Rookie
Dam. I thought cardd's diddy was annoying.
What i saw from n4n3rz was putting more use to the bannz
and the occasional jet pack smash. thats hard.
expessially on annoying characters with fast/unpredictable recovery like okinty's metanight

Luigi player

Smash Master
Your Diddy is not bad, but you should learn glide tossing, it will make you much better, believe me.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
You need to Glide toss your bananas(completely stressing this) also after you hit your opponent with bananas you should either be doing a dash attack to pick up another banana and hitting your opponent or running in for a grab so you can throw them towards another banana if u havent used it (or throw them off stage to start edgeguarding, surprises work wonders with edgeguarding)

Top Bottom