• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Daydayday please

Fat Otaku

Smash Apprentice
Nice game. Im actually really impressed with that Sonic player. Namely because I suck with Sonic. But I think that Sonic was not using his speed properly. Playing Sonic like a brawler. Not a speed demon.

I cant say much about your 3D. Maybe try using your Waddle D's a bit more, they can give even the best some trouble.

My post on Youtube. I honestly cant say much, but your 3D is waaaaay better then mine.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I only watched the first couple of video's, I'll probably finish the rest later. For now though I'll say that you did pretty good. You seem to have a very offensive DeDeDe, which seems to work for you. Personally I prefer a more defensive style, but if it works for you then stick with it.

As far as critiquing goes I don't really have a whole lot to say. I noticed a few regular dash grabs which should have been shield canceled, but not too many. I also noticed that sometimes that sonic player was living to pretty high damage. I find that Sonic has a pretty good recovery and is fairly hard to edgeguard, so I recomend going for the over the top kill if you can. DeDeDe's Utilt is very good at doing this, and it's probably the easier killing method if you can work it in.

Edit: Wouldn't ya know it, I watched the next video and I saw an Utilt kill, and no missed chaingrabs. Very nicely done sir.

Waddle

Smash Ace
O.o thanks for the helpz. I do notice that I tend to let people live for an eternity basically but that Utilt is hard for me to land and it slips my mind a lot. I tend to just Bair + Fair a ton and a grab every now and then. Ill work on that dashing shield grab also; Ive just been having troubles doing it since it tends to be too slow or maybe Im just too slow and because usually my shield doesnt pop up. Probably because Im still too used to Melee where I used the Light Shield all the time o.O. Again, thx for the helpz/tipz, more is appreciated.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Nice D3 man, however it would be nice to see someone other than sonic, since sonic is kinda screwed against anyone due to his lack of options other than racking up damage(like a crappy version of metaknight.)(your friend did very well as sonic though.)

and lol for having that guy from that show lizzie mcguire show(Dammit i cant get that crap outta my head, my younger sisters were obsessed with it back when it was popular)

Waddle

Smash Ace
Yeah, Ill try to get some matches against another character. He only plays as Sonic and no one else so its yeah. There's a tourny down here in like 3 weeks so Ill try to get some footage from the tourny and see what you guys think.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
only thing i have to say is you use upB too much when you had more jumps left, upb is way predictable and one time it got you killed. (referring to the first vid on yoshis island)
it might own but youd be better off jumping

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
so I saw these three matches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5KGMll7VPc&NR=1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JytRLhNbmZ8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_EXlCPZn-Tg

On the whole, your DDD seems pretty darn competent. You seem to use most of your arsenal and have good spacing. So the few things I saw that leave some room for improvement (just some friendly suggestions; take them with a grain of salt)

-a few missed shield grabs
-some unnecessary attacks that weren't even in range of your opponent (and not when he was like respawning or anything); maybe some of them are for mind games, but I feel that on some he just waited for you to finish performing at aerial and ran and hit you while you were recovering. I like the sh ff mind games, but maybe you can mix up some waddle-ds and f-tilts in there, which would actually hit but keep you at a good range, instead of doing aerials in front of him and hoping they connect. As they say in jiu-jitsu, position THEN submission. (does this make any sense? big cookie if you get the jiu-jitsu reference ^^)
-you could throw in more headbutts before chain grabs, but it's not like you don't do it at all
-I don't know about using jet hammer...

But yeah, good DDD, but play against more characters.

Waddle

Smash Ace
I always forget to use Ftilt and Utilt lol. And only reason Im not spammin those Waddles is because Im trying to work on my aerial game since it's not that good in my opinion and because these are friendlies (those are my johns sort of :_P). Jet Hammer is just for lols and I think it's kind of mindgames since it's a random move you know? I think I should play less aggressive also O.o.

Top Bottom