• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Captain Falcon!

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
you spam your air... not to be rude but u play like a noob . you attacks all copy other ppl's playing styles but ur still pretty good... no spamming grabs please.

jmic

Smash Ace
I think you're okay, but I'd like to see more edge hogging rather than trying to look flashy with meteor smashes. It's easy to get edge hogged with a missed meteor smash.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Okay, first off, you really, REALLY need to learn how to meteor cancel. There's no excuse for dying like 7 times at relatively low percents simply because you got d-air'd by Ganon.

In general, your Falcon is fine. Technically, there's nothing really wrong that I can see. You seem to have a rudimentary understanding of tech-chasing, so as long as you continue to develop that, you should do well.

The only thing that I have to complain about is your incessant spamming of random aerials. Maybe that works for you, I don't know. . .but I've always operated under the philosophy, and understanding--after getting my *** handed to me by pro players--that excessive, pointless movement can often be used against you. Spacing yourself with aerials is fine; spamming them in the hopes that the opponent will run into them is just silly.

I used to play the same way--spamming aerials all over the place--until the people I played with just took advantage of ending lag, or saw openings in between the aerials that I spammed. Try playing slightly more conservatively, using only what you need to for attacking, fake-outs, mindgames, and spacing. There's really no need for excessive, unnecessary and extraneous movement in Smash.

audreyh

Smash Ace
ok sure, you spam aerials, but they (above) didn't really tell you how to improve yourself.

you should realize that every move you make should have a meaning. As a result, your defense will be tight, you will make fewer mistakes where you trap yourself or basically give yourself to a grab or combo from your opponent.

I don't really wanna expand on it more... basically, you've gota become a smarter player. You can start by reading through this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=83130

Also, I disagree that your technical skill is good. Sure you can shffl, but thats a long way from having good technical skill. You've gota be more accurate with your attacks, have proper spacing, and... with more accuracy will come combos. You didn't combo ganon at all on fd? We should be seeing across the stage combos. Practice those.

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
ok sure, you spam aerials, but they (above) didn't really tell you how to improve yourself.

you should realize that every move you make should have a meaning. As a result, your defense will be tight, you will make fewer mistakes where you trap yourself or basically give yourself to a grab or combo from your opponent.

I don't really wanna expand on it more... basically, you've gota become a smarter player. You can start by reading through this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=83130

Also, I disagree that your technical skill is good. Sure you can shffl, but thats a long way from having good technical skill. You've gota be more accurate with your attacks, have proper spacing, and... with more accuracy will come combos. You didn't combo ganon at all on fd? We should be seeing across the stage combos. Practice those.

yea man i totaly agree. also your falcon is really straight forward no mindgames at all you need to add that into your game play like dashdance dash forward wavedash back stuff like that. your not that bad but you can be better.

Top Bottom