• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate/Fix My Palutena

Status
Not open for further replies.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Hello fellow Palutena players! I've finally gotten some good footage of my Palutena (recorded at my weeklies; for technical reasons, the videos do not have sound, and there are a few spots that get a bit choppy.) and I wanted to share. There is always room for more Palu content on this board and I am happy to contribute what I can. I have mained Palutena since launch and in recent months I've been getting a lot better with her. I'm hoping all of your fresh eyes can offer some insight or tips that I havent realized, or tools you think I am over/under utilizing.

Things I am actively working on:

-Using Counter 99.9% less
-Not whiffing Ledge Warps (got punished a few times for it)
-Using Auto Reticle more selectively
-Power Shielding

Let me know what you think, any feedback is greatly appreciated!
:4palutena:

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
Hi!

I'm not a big hot-shot Palutena player like many others on this part of the forum, but I will try to give you some advice the best I can.

Using Counter 99.9% less
Something I sadly have to agree with. Palutena's counter really is not that good, and even if you get the hit, it's not worth putting yourself in the situation that you could have missed it, and gotten punished for it greatly. If you want to use counter, well, only use it when you know that whatever your enemy do, they will fly into it, but usually you can punish in other and better ways, like a b-air.

Using Auto Reticle more selectively
I agree with you here. While many people deem Autoreticle weird, and maybe not that good, it is handy in its own way. However, I would use it sparely, if not ever, against fast, or short characters. The moment you put Autoreticle up, they are almost 90% of the time just able to dash up and punish you however they want. Use it more as a spacing/waiting tool on normal speed or slower characters, to rack up percentage on your opponent if they wait for you on the other side of the platform.

Let me know what you think, any feedback is greatly appreciated!
I noticed you used Reflect, a lot. Just as Autoreticle, it can be good, but use it sparely, and not as an offensive close up ability. It's just better if you short hop and do f-air instead, or jab, or b-air. Reflect can be fun to use, but not if you feel unsure about the situation. Again, it's good against projectile users if they decide to camp in some way.

I will continue watching your other clip, I will edit accordingly!

-

I too noticed that you use smash attacks a lot, be careful with that since the delay on them is scary. However, if you find an opportunity to smash, try to use d-smash instead of f-smash because d-smash activates its hitbox faster and it covers both sides, so you will hit if your opponent tries to land either in front or behind you.

Also, more grabs! Grabs is Palutena's bread and butter. Grab into a d-throw, into an u-air. If they DI away, use f-air instead.

Last edited:

DarkSKY

Smash Rookie
Okay , the first game :
1. It seems to me that you have a habit if rolling back A LOT and then using a smash attack. Try to fix that . You get pressured pretty easily , try to keep your distance and zone a bit better.
2. You barely used fair unless out of dthrow -
Use it for spacing and same goes for bair.
3. Nuetral B :
Use it when the opponent is at mid range so you don't get punished for it. It also helps if you jump cancel reverse AR for unpredictability.
4. Setups :
Try to jab into dthrow into fair or nair into fair (( especially when you're just starting out )) to rack up damage. Only use smashes when necessary. Like ; use down throw , empty hop and then use a smash or whatever fits the situation
5. Edgeguarding :
Ledge Trump , Use bair , especially against Ryu , then get back to the ledge and repeat.

Last edited:

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Great feedback! Thanks guys. I've already made note of some of these things and am making changes to my playstyle.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Dear Palutena mainer, dear Palutena players!

Sorry to post this but I need all of you.I think you all know of the counter problem with Lady Palutena. Thats why I prepared a video for you! I would develope more videos like that. Because of the counter bug its impossible to counter against the opponent. That can't be true!!!! In my opinion we should team upI My suggestion is that we write to Nintendo e-mails. What do you think?

Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kvWQmtvw9I

You can spread it in Youtube, Facebook, Miiverse (Palutena >SUPPORT< Community). I'm online to tell you that. I need all of you to reach this aim. Bayonetta was nerfed (edited) too!

Do you agree? Another suggestions?

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Dear Palutena mainer, dear Palutena players!

Sorry to post this but I need all of you.I think you all know of the counter problem with Lady Palutena. Thats why I prepared a video for you! I would develope more videos like that. Because of the counter bug its impossible to counter against the opponent. That can't be true!!!! In my opinion we should team upI My suggestion is that we write to Nintendo e-mails. What do you think?

Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kvWQmtvw9I

You can spread it in Youtube, Facebook, Miiverse (Palutena >SUPPORT< Community). I'm online to tell you that. I need all of you to reach this aim. Bayonetta was nerfed (edited) too!

Do you agree? Another suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom