• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate/Critique my Ganondorf Please

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Okay, I should be working on my paper, but I have eight hours to work on it, so here's my advice for Ganondorf against Marth!

Try not to dash attack. It's easily punishable and almost never your best option. Use JC grabs instead, they'll set up much better, especially against Marth.

You're kinda predictable on your approach. Dash dance a little, mix it up. Space fairs and you won't get grabbed. Try to shffl, too, you're using double jumps to approach way too much.

I know it's not easy to recover as Ganondorf, but you should at least attempt to go as close to the edge as possible. And learn to ledgetech. That's good too.

Don't roll every time you grab the edge. It's really really predictable. Just in general, you don't really mix things up at all, and if your opponent figures out your patterns, you're absolutely screwed.

Also, lightshield edgehog Marth. No reason not to. If he goes high to try to avoid it, reverse uair him. Currently your edgeguarding game is haphazard at best.

...stop Wizard Footing off the stage. Especially against Marth. Seriously.

Don't roll so much. You can get punished really badly for doing it too much, because it's not that hard to chase down, especially if your opponent is expecting it.

The airdodge recovery is good every once in a while, but you're doing it far too predictably. All your opponent has to do is bait it out and then charge an fsmash at you.

You're missing a lot of L-cancels. So work on that. Also, learn to DI better.

Try to find better opponents so you're forced to improve. It's much harder to get better when easier things work.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Wow, thats the most feedback I've gotten in one post.

I definitely have A LOT of areas to improve on. Thanks.

Anyone have any input?

Linguini

Smash Master
dammit, so close to getting that ganon punch 1st match heh.

Aight, when edgeguarding ganons that up-b above the stage fair or bair and continue doing so until his percent builds up, once hes at a high percent ganons will tend to go low, now is the time to use that up air.
I say this because you missed a couple free edgeguards against your opponent in the ditts.

Against marth,don't double jump as much as your doing, putting yourself in that position when marth fairs you is not the best idea(easy ken combo for them without your jump to escape it). What I like to do against marth is full jump fair alot, it gets around the sword pretty nicely and isnt much of a risk, try it.

I didn't see alot of bair spammage against the marth, your gonna def. want to do that, bair outspaces most of marths aerials.
Havnent critiqued that in a while, lol

Top Bottom