• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raptor Boost off the ledge->Knee?

Kieso

Smash Cadet
I dont know how many people use this, but when when I recover, I raptor boost if their close, and I just got the idea to chain it to a knee, since their bouncing off the floor and your more or less right in their face since you did the aerial RB close to the ground.

I dont have access to a Wii right now, but can someone try this out? I think this could be useful.

ps. ive never seen a C. Falcon vid where someone did this, so im curious.

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that if you use the raptor boost you can't do anything out of it. No jumping, attacking, or airdodging. Just DI

Wogrim

Smash Lord
You can't do anything until you get back to the ground, which means you usually want to DI away if you aerial raptor boost a grounded opponent.

There's 2 really low to the ground versions that act differently. One is if you are too low to the ground, you'll see the top part of the flaming fist, but it will cancel immediately and you will land without hitting your opponent. The other is harder to get, but you will get the whole move and it won't bounce you, but you still get the landing lag which makes it uncomboable.

N M E

Smash Apprentice
There's a little rapter boost trick i know that could work. if you side b just as you leave the ground. you'll do a aireal side b as if you were on the floor. this could possibly be comboed to the knee. also if you do it extremely close to the floor at the end of the side b it will put you in a sliding annimation.
I'll do a lil testing see if i can help

p.s sry about the spelling and grammer mistakes i'll edit it later.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
i REALLY hope this is the last "is this a combo thread?", I just updated the request thread so If you have a question like this please just post on the testing thread, people will solve your question and I'll update the answer for everyone to see

Top Bottom