• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rankings Lounge

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
smashlounge.png

Welcome to the Rankings Lounge! This thread will serve as the hub where Tournament Organizers, Ranking Staff and Players can communicate freely. While a social area of sorts, we encourage thoughtful conversation and image posts should be avoided. As always, the Smashboards Terms of Service and Rules also apply in this thread. Let's get started!

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Should Armada be above Mango in the Melee rankings based on Armada winning everything he's been to besides Apex? And I don't recall Mango winning anything but Press Start and Mayhem. I don't watch too many Melee tourneys but from what I've seen Armada should be above Mango. Also this subforum is a really great idea.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Should Armada be above Mango in the Melee rankings based on Armada winning everything he's been to besides Apex? And I don't recall Mango winning anything but Press Start and Mayhem. I don't watch too many Melee tourneys but from what I've seen Armada should be above Mango. Also this subforum is a really great idea.
From the Rankings Page:
Excerpt said:
This ranking system is based on the Association of Tennis Professionals Entry Ranking System. Players are ranked by the averages of the total scores of their best performances within a time period. This solves many problems with other systems; especially race systems that give preference to players who attend the most tournament events. This system ensures a more accurate calculation on the relative performances of players.

A player's rank is calculated using their best scores within a time period. Stronger players are not penalized for a "bad day", and weaker players are not rewarded for attending the most events. A player's weakest performances will be ignored in the calculations (provided that player attends enough tournaments to exceed the limit).
These are based upon the values set forth in the system. Hopefully this answers your question.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Submits challonge bracket from my local

Everything looks good, clicks submit

SERVER ERROR

tries again

BRACKET ALREADY SUBMITTED

looks for submitted bracket

No entrants listed

checks que status, same thing 0 players

Faded listings here have not yet been locked and will not be approved!
goes to lock bracket

no one is in bracket

don't have permission to delete bracket and re-submit

asd;fkjasd;kf jpasdkmvapsdkmfpaehnqwopejnf[oawijfl knasdpfiaspdiojf;jiapsdpfks

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
Submits challonge bracket from my local

Everything looks good, clicks submit

SERVER ERROR

tries again

BRACKET ALREADY SUBMITTED

looks for submitted bracket

No entrants listed

checks que status, same thing 0 players

goes to lock bracket

no one is in bracket

don't have permission to delete bracket and re-submit

asd;fkjasd;kf jpasdkmvapsdkmfpaehnqwopejnf[oawijfl knasdpfiaspdiojf;jiapsdpfks
what was the name of the event? will go in and delete it so you can reupload

Joe Shmo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferris123
PP won Apex which is really good, but I don't think any God winning one big tournament is enough to put them above the other Gods. He won Apex, but for him to be considered better than Armada, M2K, mango, etc, he needs to go to more tournaments and show that he is better than them. I think he deserves to be that low on the smashboards rank. I give all sympathy for PPMD's depression (i have had depression in the past), and I understand that it is hard for him to go to tournaments, but you cant say someone is really that good at melee if they only went to one big tournament since evo 2014.

Also, I'm really glad to see Hbox as third in the world. He has been doing very well vs armada this year (1-2 in sets, 6-8 in games) and he actually hasn't lost to Mew2king in over a year. Overall he has been doing very well since the big house 4.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I noticed that the rankings for Melee at McSmashter 4 had its category changed to Super Regional with the advent of that category, whereas Project M was left as a Regional. I'm wondering is there's any particularly reason Project M wasn't changed? Perhaps it was simply forgotten/overlooked? Just seems like much too small of a categorizing for an event of that size.

Oh also, just noticed that Vwins is listed as playing Peach in PM, he played Ike. What! is also a Falcon main if you want to add that.

Cheers.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I noticed that the rankings for Melee at McSmashter 4 had its category changed to Super Regional with the advent of that category, whereas Project M was left as a Regional. I'm wondering is there's any particularly reason Project M wasn't changed? Perhaps it was simply forgotten/overlooked? Just seems like much too small of a categorizing for an event of that size.

Oh also, just noticed that Vwins is listed as playing Peach in PM, he played Ike. What! is also a Falcon main if you want to add that.

Cheers.
Just overlooked. Ton of brackets after all lol. Thanks for telling us, switched things up.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
To anyone who's going to upload an event from this weekend, I ask you do NOT upload it until the server issues are fixed.

TOGOpuff

Jigglyfy the world !
NNID
TOGOpuff
The tournament Smash4all that i've been working on is a random character, random stages + items on tournament...

I'm unsure wheter to send it to scraplist or delete it since it'll never be approved because it doesn't need to / doesn't meet tournament rules.

Top Bottom