• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain of Arrows

Arch-Raven

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble doing the Rain of Arrows, and I haven't been able to find a tutorial...

What I'm doing is rapidly firing arrows up into the air (four), and then holding down. This is what I've read. Yet for some reason, no arrows return to the surface. Can anyone help/explain what I am doing wrong?

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I'm having trouble doing the Rain of Arrows, and I haven't been able to find a tutorial...

What I'm doing is rapidly firing arrows up into the air (four), and then holding down. This is what I've read. Yet for some reason, no arrows return to the surface. Can anyone help/explain what I am doing wrong?
You can't just hold down; the Arrows won't come back with that. Arrow raining is a bit tough, though. After you fire the four Arrows into the air, try doing a half circle motions downwards; going from the top of the control stick to the bottom. If you understand Fighting Game notation, it would be 89632 motion (just look at your number pad or a calculator and you'll get it).

You may want to try Arrow Looping first before trying Arrow Rain. Arrow Looping is the same concept, but you make your Arrows Loop instead of making them go to the ground. First, fire an Arrow, then slowly do a circular motion with the Control Stick. The best way to practice Arrow Looping or Arrow rain is to make a large Custom Stage. Just set a bunch of blocks straight across the bottom. Then, go to special Brawl, and choose the Fixed Camera option; chose the custom stage you made, and then feel free to practice as much as you want. Since the Camera is staying fixed, you can see what your Arrows are doing as you move the Control Stick.

I hope this helps ^^;. I'm sorry that the Pit boards are kind of... Dead right now... But please, feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

EDIT: Also, it would have been better to post this in the "Ask a question, get an answer" board, instead of creating a whole new thread.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Thank you so much for the advice! I'll try that ^.^

And yeah, it's a shame pit isn't really popular. I think he's epic :3
No problem ^__^. Hope it helps ^__^.

Yeah, Pit is awesome XD. But I meant that not many people are in the threads anymore. But please, feel free to ask any more questions you would like. I'll be happy to answer them.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Actually from what i've gathered...what your suppose to do is...

Fire 3 arrows up

Then turn the oppposite direction and fire an arrow and loop it to hit the ground like your normally would and the others follow. At least...that's how i do it.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
fire four arrows straight up, then do a half figure 8 motion and emphasize different parts of the motion to have them hit different lengths in front of you. that's how i do it. it's harder than the way kuro said but it's much more accurate

Top Bottom