• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ragequitters...

holymario

Smash Apprentice
There are nice people on FG. there are normal people on FG. And then there are the people who change names to U SUK or grab4noobs (yes I really saw that message). And at the very end there are people who ragequit midgame.
If you don't have a chance against someone pls do one of the 2 following things: 1. learn from your mistakes 2. at least finish the match so I don't have to wait to play against a bot... The most stupid ragequitter I saw was a rob player. He wasn't that bad. Even took one of my stocks and we had a rematch. I played Daraen. Halfway throught the fight it was pretty even, both of us were at ~90%. Then I catched his Gyro and continued to fight him with my specials. After he tried several times to charge a gyro (he obviously didn't know he can't summon a scond) he just flew off the stage. just because he couldn't spam his gyro + Laser anymore...

1FC0

Smash Lord
That was not my R.O.B. I almost always own a Robin when I see one.

Last edited:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
That's unfortunate, even though I play rob that is not me

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
A R.O.B. should not lose to a nooby FG Robin. I am glad that R.O.B. is so rare because most people are definitely unworthy!

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
As a person with a 70-80% win record, I have dozens of people give up on me and rage quit or suicide intentionally. I could probably make a long video of people giving up, if I saved my replays

1FC0

Smash Lord
As a person with a 70-80% win record, I have dozens of people give up on me and rage quit or suicide intentionally. I could probably make a long video of people giving up, if I saved my replays
Me too since I have above 87% and it is still rising.

holymario

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Robin really isn't a good pick for R.O.B. he just constantly stops you from charging Robins thunder. I am not bad though with robin. Its pretty rare that I lose. I just have some problem against characters that rush on me constantly and keep the pressure so I can't charge me book. Shiek and Fox give me the most trouble though. R.O.B. is also troublesome if played by a good player.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has similar thoughts on this. Okay sure, if you want to SD due to lag that is understandable since some people simply do not have the patience to play through it; however to just up and SD shows poor Sportsmanship. Even when I'm facing a player who is giving me an incredibly difficult time or even has a huge lead on me I still refuse to quit without trying.

I know losing can get frustrating, and I also know how it feels to go against someone way out of your league but please at least suck it up and play through. You can never get better if you always up and quit when against someone better than you.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
I have begun ragequitting lately, but doesn't it become justified when the opponent openly mocks you online? Repeated crouching, never approaching, taunts, staying crouched, disrespect moves. I know I'm awful; Planet Earth doesn't have to rub it in. Rage quitting is my only option, because they still share humiliating replays anyway. ;(

Last edited:

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
Is it because you're that good or because you have an annoying play style?

Personally, I have no problems with losing. I just lost like 20 times in a row against an amazing Japanese player that used a different character every time and pulled off the craziest combos.

I might quit against projectile spammers who only run away. It just isn't fun, even if you win. Worst are probably the Link players. It requires zero skill to pull it off and they never do anything creative or actually fight. They just keep running away from you character, try to spam you with projectiles and grab or up+A when you get close. I'm not going to chase you around all the time. Same with Little Mac who just stay in the center of the stage and never jump. Boring as hell. You can have the win and I just block you.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
70% over here and this happens a ton to me as well. Albeit I just laugh it off everytime because it honestly amuses me. Especially since I play freaking Kirby.

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
Well, seeing that you're from Paraguay, it wouldn't surprise me if people just leave because you have a ****ty internet connection. Every time I get matched up with any one from Paraguay (or any other country from South of Middle America) the game gets choppy and half the speed. Sometimes I start the game and SD after I missed a few moves due to lag.

Paraguay is ranked 54 out 55 countries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Internet_connection_speeds

So you're probably just used to playing with lag all the time.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
Only time someone's quit mid-battle on me was a FG Link that beat me twice, but couldn't handle my Falco reflecting his projectiles back into his face. I can't even say it was a rage-quit - he hadn't used any angry tags, taunted or indicated he was salty.
I personally just don't get rage-quitting. Getting my butt handed to me in FG makes me extremely motivated to keep trying against my opponent. Being beaten is the best way to learn, after all.

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
there was a time when i use Toon link and use him how he suppose to be used like spam bombs, boomerang for openings and the guy just up and suicides all his stocks, not too long ago i fought a guy on FG as Diddy, after some matchs he says "JUST COMBO?" salt was real :troll:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just last night, I got hooked up with a Wii Fit Trainer user as Little Mac. He stood at the edge waiting for me to make a move so I did exactly just that...but not the way he was expecting. I grabbed him and threw him back in the center and gave him a few beatings. It didn't take him that long to SD on both his stocks and left. I sensed high levels of salt in his system.

Top Bottom