• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Racking up dmg?

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
I been getting into D3 lately, and he is really fun to play. The only problem I have is racking up dmg. I dunno which moves are best to use at low percentages, or when to use them, and his speed makes it harder to get the hits in. A little help here? lol

aznxk3vi17

Smash Cadet
Toss Waddle Dees from far away. Forward tilts, chain grabbing, and up/down air are all good damage dealers without knocking the opponent too far away. Down tilts are good for aggressive players; its range is deceptive and it has very good priority. Down smash for people who roll behind you.

Inhale also really throws players off track, and it seems to have the same properties as a grab: if you inhale somebody who's attacking you, you'll take some damage, but still inhale them. Super armor? Hard to say, as I'm sure many of you have gotten knocked out of inhale.

I've never really thought about racking up damage as DDD... it kind of just ends up happening.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
D-tilts and u-tilts can be handy for racking up damage. Also, the Jet Hammer (\/ Special) can be used to make finishing blows, but the range is limited. Just don't rely on his smash attacks to kill things since they're slow and have long lags.

McBadass

Smash Rookie
DDD is a beast. aznxk3vi17 is right. The damage just happens. But if it doesn't try using his air attacks, chain grab (down grab, then repeat), and all the tilts are friggin classy. Not to mention that he's the only heavy with a projectile attack, and if you get a gordo its a kill at like 60%.

alexrooster

Smash Cadet
1) Waddle-Dees
2) Chain Grab
3) F-Tilt
4) SHed B-Air
5) U-Tilt (if they get in close)

If some one is spamming SH aerials, u-air does a pretty decent job of throwing them off and can set up combos.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
I been getting into D3 lately, and he is really fun to play. The only problem I have is racking up dmg. I dunno which moves are best to use at low percentages, or when to use them, and his speed makes it harder to get the hits in. A little help here? lol
we've basically listed all of his moves. It's really up to you to figure out when to use those moves.

I think you're going to have to work on spacing his tilts, just start chucking waddle dees and doos from a distance, learn to abuse his Bair in multiple situations, and shield grab a lot. You're basically just going to have to practice incorporating each of the moves into your game.

Watch videos ;)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Up Aerial and Down Aerial?

Top Bottom