• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B.'s rare fastfall dair

Rob_TH

Smash Rookie
NNID
Roverthor
I wanted to talk about that strange move. As a R.O.B. main, I sometimes have accidentally thrown a dair at some point and unintentionally pull out that thing. I don't find any better way to describe, it's just that the dair doesn't keep our robot in the same position in the air, instead it does kinda like a fastfall while doing the dair animation.

What I'd like to know creating this thread is: is there anyone that knows how to pull that out intentionally? It only happened to me randomly every time I did it. I think it can be useful for mindgames and to perform an unexpected spike or something xD.

Thanks in advance ;)

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
If you double tap the c stick down in the air it does a down air and then also registers a fast fall.

Rob_TH

Smash Rookie
NNID
Roverthor
Well, I tried what you say but it performs a dair and then, after the little up-thrust the robot gets, the fastfall comes out. What I'd like to do is to perform both things at the same time, without that up-thrust, just fast-fall with the dair, like if you were doing a Kirby's fastfall dair as normal.

Thx anyway xD.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Maybe try holding the c stick down the entire time?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
All you do is do a dair out of hitstun. Usually at mid to higher percents. Let someone grab you at maybe 50+, throw you upwards, and just do a dair as soon as you can.

Applications? Heck yes. Don't ever let a Mario get away with upb'ing you again and you not punishing him for it. Soar to the ground with a dair and upsmash him. It can also lead to tons of other setups.

If you want to know something stranger that you can do with this, time a jump and dair out of hitstun. (once again, mid to higher %s). Rob will boost upwards with a sort of super jump. Less applicable. Just a crazy property.

Hope this helps!

Rob_TH

Smash Rookie
NNID
Roverthor
Oh, thank you so much man! That's gotta be the case, cause now that I remember every time it happened to me was out of hitstun. It'd be really awesome if you could also try it at any moment but as you say, seems to have great applications still.

Great, omw to the lab right now then, thanks again!

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Oh, thank you so much man! That's gotta be the case, cause now that I remember every time it happened to me was out of hitstun. It'd be really awesome if you could also try it at any moment but as you say, seems to have great applications still.

Great, omw to the lab right now then, thanks again!
Very welcome my dude. Same properties applied to Brawl ROB. It's pretty neat =]

Top Bottom