• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. REALLY Deconfirmed?

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
.......................................................................................................................................................................................

EDIT: srry i think it is to late

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
I would perhaps maybe most definately think about trying to agree that R.O.B. may or may not be on the verge of undeniably being deconformed. Maybe.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
I would perhaps maybe most definitely think about trying to agree that R.O.B. may or may not be on the verge of undeniably being deconfirmed. Maybe.
QFT. That is a statement full of win.

Well, it's harder to prove that something doesn't exist than something that does. I'll give it a few more days. (Hopefully, it'll turn out to be a rumor.)

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
Same thing happened to Ashley, dude. Spammed everywhere, liked slightly, then...DECONFIRMED.
The same thing's going to happen to a lot of hopeful people. It's going to be like, a genocide of hopeful people, dreams crushed and everything.

All while I among others will be watching in the distance, laughing, pointing.
Playing SSBB.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
am i missing something here? several R.O.Bs have been shown in a SSE video, surely this alone deconfirms it as a PC?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
If you ask me, there is more SOLID evidence against ROB 64 than NES ROB. Namely you can see a screen of getting his trophy from the coin mini-game, and if he was playable his trophy would only be gotten through 1 player.

So I think NES ROB has more of a chance, I remember someone posted an interview or something where Sakurai said an entire squadron is defeated with one survivor, and he fights back after gathering allies, or something. Suggesting there is one ROB who survives. Sakurai didn't actually mention anything about ROB in that interview though, but it's a possibility.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
did people really think he was in? with krystal and wolf fighting for that 3rd starfox spot?

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
I really, really hope R.O.B. (any version) is debunked soon. What a horrible idea for a playable character.

I actually don't really have a problem with a 35-character roster... I just have a problem with R.O.B. and Wolf being on it. Seriously, do Falco and Wolf both need to be in? Fox doesn't need two characters that similar to him, and if it is R.O.B. 64 we're talking about, we certainly don't need four Star Fox reps. If anything, there shouldn't be more than three, and I support Krystal way over Wolf because of her uniqueness.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
If you ask me, there is more SOLID evidence against ROB 64 than NES ROB. Namely you can see a screen of getting his trophy from the coin mini-game, and if he was playable his trophy would only be gotten through 1 player.

So I think NES ROB has more of a chance, I remember someone posted an interview or something where Sakurai said an entire squadron is defeated with one survivor, and he fights back after gathering allies, or something. Suggesting there is one ROB who survives. Sakurai didn't actually mention anything about ROB in that interview though, but it's a possibility.
The evidence against ROB is that he more likely than not can be caught with a trophy stand, thus violating the game mode trophy playable character adhere to.

Besides that, it's obvious he was talking about Kirby escaping the Subspace Army.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well people, if we do get a playable R.O.B. (NES one, never was 64 one ever suggested by leakers), then just remember a couple things. First, he will be in the game for the same reason as Mr. Game & Watch was put into Melee, and that reason is tribute. Second, it will mean that R.O.B.'s role in the Subspace Emissary will likely involve turning against master or being built to combat the Subspace Army...

He is not debunked yet, but we will see. To me, the robot isnt as farfetched as people think.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Well people, if we do get a playable R.O.B. (NES one, never was 64 one ever suggested by leakers), then just remember a couple things. First, he will be in the game for the same reason as Mr. Game & Watch was put into Melee, and that reason is tribute. Second, it will mean that R.O.B.'s role in the Subspace Emissary will likely involve turning against master or being built to combat the Subspace Army...

He is not debunked yet, but we will see. To me, the robot isnt as farfetched as people think.
Tribute? I'm sick of that thing making comebacks. It's not really a comeback when it happens so frequently. Seriously, he needs to die. THEN he can make another comeback.

Besides that, it's not that we assume that the plot wouldn't allow for ROB as a playable character, it's the fact that you can get a ROB trophy by throwing a coin launcher at one, but if ROB were playable, he'd have to get his trophies by completing Classic mode and other game modes.

Same thing happened to Ashley, dude. Spammed everywhere, liked slightly, then...DECONFIRMED.
The same thing's going to happen to a lot of hopeful people. It's going to be like, a genocide of hopeful people, dreams crushed and everything.

All while I among others will be watching in the distance, laughing, pointing.
Playing SSBB.
Ashley just got alot of support, no one made millions of threads with ashley in them, you're thinking of ridley. Ashley was then hated intensely and the ashley thread was filled with spam and flaming, and then it was reported that she was in the wario ware stage.

Well i hope R.O.B gets deconfirmed... just so that 35 roster rumor dies.

Brawler Lime

Smash Cadet
did people really think he was in? with krystal and wolf fighting for that 3rd starfox spot?
Who said anything about a third starfox spot? Huh?
There might not be one, and I hope there isnt, because, honestly, the starfox characters are all pretty smaey, bar krystal, so i think putting another laser gun, random firey blast using character in the game would be dumb.
And R.O.B. sucks eggs. I mean, c'mon, shouldn't he be gone after soiling Mario Kart DS?
I say put in Sukapon.

It also calls them "The R.O.B. Squad", and for all we know, they could get their own separate trophy of them called The R.O.B. Squad, and we'd see a "perfect" version of R.O.B, which is those two R.O.B.s combined as well as some added features.

ROB has nothing to do with the 35 character roster "rumor" (as you guys seem to think it is). If ROB is deconfirmed, the 35 character roster is still a definite possibility. The 35 character roster leak came from a different, and more reputable person.

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how R.O.B is deconfirmed considering Sakurai never said or even implied that being an enemy in SSE means a character won't be playable. It's just something people have decided to assume for whatever reason.

God I hope R.O.B makes it in. What a cool character that would be.

It also calls them "The R.O.B. Squad", and for all we know, they could get their own separate trophy of them called The R.O.B. Squad, and we'd see a "perfect" version of R.O.B, which is those two R.O.B.s combined as well as some added features.
That's just pure speculation. But anyway, I actually wouldn't mind seeing R.O.B. playable, I'm just saying there is nothing to suggest he will be (like most of the plausible characters). Although I would truly hate that 35 character rumor to be true...

S2

Smash Lord
ROB is at the top of my list for characters, but I wouldn't get hopes up for him.

He's probably just a regular bad guy.

It seems that people who didn't grow up with original NES don't like like ROB much.

Top Bottom