• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B Match Up Analysis #? - Cloud

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I did not see a MU Analysis thread for Cloud, so I figured I'd have to make one!

I mainly just wanted to share this, an interesting thing we can do on Omega Guar Plain.
https://twitter.com/Seth_Boles/status/736667792598958080

If we face away from the stage, Cloud can only make it back if he has a DJ. If towards the stage, he can make it back if he reacts fast enough. Of course this is only at low percents - at high percents he can't make it back even withb a DJ, or if facing towards he'll get stage spiked.

Tweli

Smash Rookie
NNID
SneakyNarwhal
The Omega Guar Plains trick is actually so sick and i can't wait to lab it out with some clouds at locals lol. Anyway does anyone have any good info/insight on the Cloud MU? Things i would like to know include:

1. Which of R.O.B.'s moves are good alternatives to Nair when it gets beat out by Clouds aerials?
2. How can you reliably gimp/edgegaurd Cloud when he's recovering offstage?
3. What stages are considered good for Cloud and good for R.O.B.?
4. As R.O.B. how can i avoid getting hit by Cloud's up air and getting juggled when descending back onto the stage?

Anyway I am pretty new to the boards so i apologize in advance if the formatting is off or if I'm asking noob questions :)

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Your questions are great my man, welcome to the boards.

1. Spaced fairs. We don't have a lot for Cloud, but you need to know how to get around his nair.

2. Gyro. You can use it to limit his already fairly limited options, and get a guaranteed spike.

3. I'd say Smashville and T&C are our best bets. You don't want low platforms like on BF, but you don't want to go platform less.

4. It's kind of guaranteed to happen, lol. If he's really reaching for it, you can try and dair him. Other than that, mix up your options. Try to air dodge, up b, jump, got for the ledge, etc.

Tweli

Smash Rookie
NNID
SneakyNarwhal
Yeah after Mister Eric showed me how much i waste my jumps offstage and Zephyr (one of the best clouds in MDVA) showed how predictable i can be when getting back on stage lol so i def have to mix it up constantly. Still I'm beginning to enjoy the cloud MU since it forces me to play way safer/smarter. Like it sucks for R.O.B but the more i play good clouds the better my fundamentals and neutral gets haha. Anyway thanks for the help Chrome!

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Yeah after Mister Eric showed me how much i waste my jumps offstage and Zephyr (one of the best clouds in MDVA) showed how predictable i can be when getting back on stage lol so i def have to mix it up constantly. Still I'm beginning to enjoy the cloud MU since it forces me to play way safer/smarter. Like it sucks for R.O.B but the more i play good clouds the better my fundamentals and neutral gets haha. Anyway thanks for the help Chrome!
>Chrome

That's a great mindset my man! Sure playing a bad MU can be frustrating, but it makes you better in the end. You're 100% correct, it'll help you make better decisions.

Top Bottom