• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Can reflect projectiles??

AshBoomstick

Smash Cadet
NNID
klinechur
3DS FC
2809-7728-1923
I just started playing R.O.B. and did this on accident during for glory but was wondering if this is possible during the entire animation of his side B or just during the start up? Any other cool tricks with R.O.B. that people have found?

1FC0

Smash Lord
I think that it was even known before SSBB came out that R.O.B. could do this in SSBB since it was revealed on the Smash Dojo.

But yeah R.O.B. has lots of neat tricks. For example, his up tilt can be used to raise the roof and as a taunt without limit. You can also use what is called "The Glorious Eternal Flame Glitch". You do this by throwing the Gyro up while using Robo Burner.

WhatisYourSchizm

Smash Rookie
Its during the start up only, i don't know the exact frame data but it last long a little but but after a certain point it not longer reflects and you will get hit by a projectile.

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind that it only reflects projectiles that are pretty much coming in horizontally (unless you tilt R.O.B up or down during the move).

1FC0

Smash Lord
Although Arm Rotor can also reflect Gyro's, Arm Rotor seems to just stop Gyro's whenever a Gyro is being thrown into it after the reflecting hitboxes are gone. That makes this move better to counter Gyro's with, because even when you time too early you can still block the Gyro and not get damage.

Last edited:

aba1

Smash Apprentice
It looks like they improved the hit box for reflecting in this game. Maybe its just me but it was very tedious to reflect in Brawl cause of slow start up I would get hit before the reflection started in Brawl.

Bralef

Smash Cadet
The second custom move is built for reflecting, as it comes out a lot faster, R.O.B. stays in place and doesn't lean, and I'm pretty sure it reflects better, too.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Its during the start up only, i don't know the exact frame data but it last long a little but but after a certain point it not longer reflects and you will get hit by a projectile.
Do you have a video of this? I've been playing Smash 4 R.O.B. a lot and haven't encountered this yet, it seems like the reflect is good for most of the animation. The only thing I can think of is maybe all the way at the end when he's winding up for the finisher.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
so I'm 90% sure that the reflect starts when he jumps after the windup, and ends when he touches the ground (or rather when he ends up reaching the same height he started the hop if done in midair). nothing new though. try it vs villager next time though... reflected trees are so fun.

Top Bottom