• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Amiibo Help

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
So I just got the retro 3-pack and I think I'm going to enter R.O.B. in an Amiibo tournament. I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions for gear, moves, etc. to make him formidable. The only gear that's not allowed are explosive shield, regeneration, and life steal.

Also, if there's a better thread to find Amiibo help/info, please let me know.

I guess I'll start. I'm not too knowledgeable with R.O.B., but I do know I'll be using High-Speed Burner for his up-special, as it's practically superior in every way to the original. As far as gear side effects are concerned, perhaps the item throw buff could do wonders for his gyro, and moon launcher could help his up air, up smash, and up-throw kill even earlier. I'm not sure how I'd distribute points into his stats. Thoughts?

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
There are a few good custom stages for training amiibo. I recall a pretty smart one that teaches amiibo to tech consistently.

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
I'll have to check that out. Unfortunately, I only have my 3ds with me because I'm at school, so I'll have to try it at a friends house.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I got my R.O.B. amiibo up to level 50 today, and I'm noticing a problem. He literally never uses the Gyro, despite me using Gyro every single match against him. Obviously, not using his most valuable zoning tool is causing him to underperform compared to my other amiibo. Is anyone else noticing this problem, and is there any known method to teach a R.O.B. amiibo to use their Gyro more often?

Last edited:

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
I got my R.O.B. amiibo up to level 50 today, and I'm noticing a problem. He literally never uses the Gyro, despite me using Gyro every single match against him. Obviously, not using his most valuable zoning tool is causing him to underperform compared to my other amiibo. Is anyone else noticing this problem, and is there any known method to teach a R.O.B. amiibo to use their Gyro more often?
I am having the exact same issue. I even gave him item throw buff gear with the intention that he'd actually use down b, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Mine also never pursues me after a down throw. I feel like there's almost something wrong with the amiibo ai itself.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I am having the exact same issue. I even gave him item throw buff gear with the intention that he'd actually use down b, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Mine also never pursues me after a down throw. I feel like there's almost something wrong with the amiibo ai itself.
Interestingly, I put the Fire Gyro custom on him and now he's starting to use the Gyro more. He still almost never picks it up, though.

Last edited:

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Oh no. I have the ROB amiibo (finally) and have yet to get a chance to train him. Now I wonder if I will be disappointed, as it sounds like he literally won't adopt zoning... At least this is better than him trying to use gyro while it's already out like the LVL 9 CPUs...

Top Bottom