• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick question

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
Sorry If this sounds like a stupid question... but why King DDD his named Dedede in japan and in the rest of the world named as King Dedede? He is not really a king? Or why they cange the name? I always wonder that the same with Ice climbers, they call them Ice climber without the S, same with Pikmin and Olimar being Olimar, but Rosetta and chiko being Rosalina and Luma instead of just being Rosalina like Olimar's case. Again sorry If it's sound stupid my question

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Hello, I kinda researched it but I found no explanation. I can only believe that is just how the English translation team decided it sounded better if they gave Dedede his "tittle" to make it sound more important in the character selection screen.

Nick Fury

Smash Rookie
NNID
InstanceOfFury
Because they don't know the sheer POWER of the penguin king in Japan I guess. All jokes aside though, I'm pretty sure DeDeDe is what he is called in Japan, and I think the Nintendo company in North America has been calling him King DeDeDe for as long as I can remember. maybe they just want to differentiate regions? Not sure why, sorry.

Top Bottom