• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick question!

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I didnt see Q&A thread around here. Hopefully making a whole new thread for a small question isnt a problem.

Since Im new, Ill introduce myself. My name is Haja, from Canada and Im looking to come back into the Smash scene.

Anyways, I used to play melee Fox back in the day and then Brawl came out and I played it for a quite a while but sortve lost interest in Smash because of the slower pace. But just recently, I learned about PM and I like what I saw. Pretty much, Im getting back into Smash and Ill be sticking to my old melee main.

Now for my question, seeing as the two playstyles so far seem quite similar ( Melee and PM Fox), did anything change controller configuration wise? I saw that , unlike melee, custom configurations were possible and I remember thinking this wouldve been usefull back in the days of Melee instead of learning to Claw. Did anyone find a more effective configuration for Fox or is the classic one still most widely used.

I know this question might just be a question of personal preferences but I just wanted to know if there was a standard that I should know before I start practicing. I dont wanna pick up Fox and then have to "relearn" everything because a better comfiguration exists.

Thanks in advance guys! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom