• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick question

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Mods can close after this is answered

Im currently playing smash and dont have time to go through a guide atm. So quick question. Can link bomb jump? My friend who mains link is try out young link and he's thinking he cant but just wondering. Thx

Giggidax

Smash Ace
lol hasnt this been discussed? anyway, Young Link cant bombjump, but Link can.

young links bombs just dont explode like Link's bombs do when u try and upb into them

but ylinks bombs are stronger :D

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I have another quick question: I can't get the second kick (b-air) to hit anyone when I use it. Am I supposed to delay the fastfall? Only the second kick has knockback right? I can't get that second hit to connect and I'm losing some matches because of it.

Laijin

Smash Hero
It does'nt really matter if your getting in the second kick or not. You should'nt spam that move anyways and it certainly should not cost you matches.

Don't use it to edge guard if thats your problem. The only situation I can imagine it being the most useful is when your back is turned to your opponent and you attack them. Of course, you would wanna DI all the way behind them so if they shield it you end up behind them. Just hope they dont grab you in mid air. :\

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
bair is too good but if your edgeguarding and you're on the ledge you might aswell do a reverse nair. his whole body hits

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys. I know that nair is way better for edgeguarding than bair. I just wanted to figure out how to get that second kick in because I thought it was as crucial as the second kick in fox's uair. Understand?

Plus, I've seen some sexy combos when someone uses a d-throw with young link and if the character who was thrown DIs behind young link then Link will hit him with 2 or 3 bairs and move him across the stage very well. I think that combo is impressive.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i love shffling bairs! theyre my favorite.

timing the second hit takes practice tho, but im pretty good at it. i especially like to spam bairs while im edgeguarding a falco.
and i especially like the bair > turn around> grab combo

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I have another question. How is the character matchup for Y.Link vs Samus? What's the best way to take down the lady in armor? Not just edgeguard though, I figure to edgeguard you just destroy her bombs with arrows and boomerangs and then sex kick her.

But how do I rack up damage on her without getting missiled to death?

Top Bottom