• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick question

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Ok, I have mained Ganondorf once... for about a week, and I've been working with Falco for about two years. My tech skills with Falco is far superior to my Ganon's, and I use him whenever playing tourny-goers, and I usually win. However, I sometimes have to pull out Ganon, and likes some sort of Trump card he does better... every time. I don't know why, my tech skills is all that I need to hold my own(waveland, perfect ledge-hopping, l-canceling, etc) but I can still defeat Ganon players with much more practice and skill than me. I don't mind game, and I'm not completely unpredictable or anything, but no one ever seems to be able to beat my Ganon. I am thinking about switching him with some for my back-up main, and I would like some general advice. I have three mains to use, but they don't seemed balanced as far as counters go, so who should I make as my mains.

In order from my best characters to worst
Falco
Ganon
C. Falcon
Jigglypuff
Marth
Yoshi(I actually beat pro sheiks with my Yoshi...)
Sheik
Roy
Luigi

Now to my point
Obviously Roy, Luigi, and probably Yoshi are out, but I find myself not being able to main more than 3 or four characters at a time. People like mains that balance each other out, and seeing as Falco and Ganon are a definite yes, who else should I main to balance them out?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
My Yoshi is quite good, I can put up a great fight and a few good Sheik players have been WTFd, but I'm not sure how well I would do in a tourny(like it matters, i won't have my license til right after Brawl comes out), but I have beat a tounry-level player's sheik. He was not great, Falco being his main, but he was an adequate player. Still, if Yoshi is my Sheik counter and Sheik is my Ganon/Falco counter I'll give it a shot.

Top Bottom