• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick question about Project M installation

Project_M_Noob

Smash Rookie
Will Nintendo be able to brick my Wii if I use the "hackless" method advocated on the Project M site to install their mod? I really want Project M when V2 comes out, but obviously I don't want my Wii bricked.

I'll lock this once I get a good answer.

Thanks!

Revven

FrankerZ
Nope, Nintendo can't do anything and the hackless method is entirely harmless to your Wii. It doesn't leave any traces of homebrew or anything on it, no matter how many times you play it. Nintendo will not know and ... they don't even have the power to intentionally brick specific Wiis lol (a bit ludicrous to assume they can lol).

They've stopped supporting the Wii with updates for a long, long time now and have given up fighting Homebrew on the Wii at this point in time. You can rest easy, basically.

Project_M_Noob

Smash Rookie
Nope, Nintendo can't do anything and the hackless method is entirely harmless to your Wii. It doesn't leave any traces of homebrew or anything on it, no matter how many times you play it. Nintendo will not know and ... they don't even have the power to intentionally brick specific Wiis lol (a bit ludicrous to assume they can lol).

They've stopped supporting the Wii with updates for a long, long time now and have given up fighting Homebrew on the Wii at this point in time. You can rest easy, basically.

Can never be too careful. Thanks though!

Sails

Smash Ace
It would be highly illegal for them to brick your Wii because you modify it, which is why they never have and never will. It's a good, and goods are protected by law. The only things that aren't protected are services, which means that they could potentially block you from anything where you accept a TOS (Such as an online component). However, there is zero history of online Wii bans except for cheaters.

Top Bottom