• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick question about Meta Knight

TheHitmanGuava

Smash Rookie
I've noticed sometimes that when you do his Uair attack metaknight ascends with it, and sometimes he doesn't. This seems like it could be useful. Does anyone know what makes him ascend? Is there a specific time you have to start Uairing?

Thanks.

sh1nebl1nd

Smash Rookie
Most likely you are ascending when you press "up" while doing the uair. Turn up tap off from the controls menu if you don't want this,

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Sh1nebl1nd is correct, but he may have missed what exactly you're asking about. Sometimes, you can repeatedly ascend and uair by just pressing the attack button.

He is correct, because disabling tap jumping will also disable this ability. If you jump and hold up while repeatedly pressing A, MK should continue to ascend each time he swings and it's a good way of comboing at relatively low percentages or protecting yourself while you ascend towards your opponent.

I prefer to have tap jumping off, though, so I only use this when I don't have custom controls set.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
You may still use this technique when Tap Jump is turned off by alternating X/Y and A. You gain more control over the timing of the U-Air that way.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
It loses its simplicity, though, and technically does lose speed since, without tap jumping, you'll have to press twice as many buttons.

The difference isn't noticeable enough, though, hence why I still prefer tap jumping off.

TheHitmanGuava

Smash Rookie
Oh I see, this was it. The reason it only works sometimes must be when I forget to select my name. Thanks guys.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
I have been using only mk since i started playing brawl (other than the initial try everyone stage when i first played it) and i have found his u-air to be one of if not the best combo in his arsenal. i have gotten several not only effective but cool looking kills using the repeated uair juggling till you get the opponent off the screen and then switch to nair for the kill. it has worked multiple times and rarely gets broken up do to the high priority of the attack and the sheer speed with which it goes off.

Top Bottom