• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Draw Jump Cancel

SSS

Smash Ace
The fact that you can jump from Quick Draw is the coolest thing ever. The fact that you can jump facing backwards is also the coolest thing ever, leading to badass QuickDrawRARs, etc. Also I'm pretty sure you can wavedash out of Quickdraw.

Also, however, a lot of stuff in Melee/Brawl/PM can be jump-cancelled. The only two that immediately come to mind are Upsmash (Quickdraw>jump cancelled upsmash>raep) and Grab (Quickdraw>jump cancelled grab>mega raep).

Also in general we should talk about all of the great tech chasing that can be done with this thing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You can also simply wavedash or just jump after JCing it. it's pretty swag.

metroid1117

Smash Master
This is really old, but it still does a fair job explaining some things you can do out of QD (not necessarily just the things from QD JC'ing).

But yeah, QD and jumping out of it is really bad***. I haven't fully applied wavedashing out of QD for mix-ups, but something else I was looking at was using QD to get across the lower platforms on Battlefield; it'd be interesting to try FThrowing or knocking opponents from one platform to the other, then chasing them by QD'ing across. It's also worth noting that if you QD at the right height, you can edgehop QD and slide along the ground instead of landing on it at the end, meaning you can edgehop QD -> pivot JC grab if you space it properly.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Any advice on learning how to do Ike's QD -> JC -> USmash? I just mastered his QD reverse b-air and his JC grab (gunna try JC reverse grab when I feel bolder). My main issue being that hitting the Y/X button to jump with my thumb doesn't leave me enough time to get my thumb down to the C-Stick for that USmash. Any control scheme that might help? R button to attack?

GeZ

Smash Lord
If you've already got down JC grab then JC Usmash should be a breeze. Just tap up on the left stick and up on the c stick right after. Easy peasy. I actually have tap to jump off and my right trigger set to jump for a few specific AT (this one included) and it's consistent even with that. What you should get down after you master this is WD out QD. That **** makes his movement disgusting.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
@Cuccu: I ... wow ... thanks. I got it on my first try and I can do it consistently ...

Guess I'm turning tap jump back on.

@GeZ: Yeah, my tap jump was off, hence my thought process didn't consider just using the same up input for jump-cancelling AND upsmashing. I think I'll leave Tap on now, though, since I was just turning it off to prevent bad habits and to master short-hopping, which I have down now.

WD out of QD ... heh, yeah, real challenge right there.

Top Bottom