• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Draw Cancel?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Easiest way is to just full hop and use Quick Draw at the apex, if I remember that right. Basically landing at a specific part of the ending animation makes it end without lag, so the best way is to watch for how high you are when you release it. Since Ike travels farther and falls slower during the end of a charged Quick Draw as opposed to an uncharged one, you need to be a bit closer to the ground if you've charged it like during recovery.

Now it goes without saying, but that only works if you don't swing.

Last edited:

MasterExocuter

Smash Cadet
One way I utilize quick draw cancelling is when I'm recovering back onto the stage. This only works a few times if your opponent is smart, so don't overuse it. When you quick draw back onto the stage, if you cancel it, you can do a pivot f-tilt. By recovering onto the stage, you can bait your opponents into trying to get a punish (maybe a dash grab or dash attack) but when you land, you can catch them off guard with an f-tilt. I'm just gonna call it pivot f-tilt since you do it in the opposite direction of the quick draw, and it looks similar to a dash pivot f-tilt. Trust me, it's good for catching characters like diddy, but I'm not sure if it can punish Sonic fast enough.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
That works if they're behind you. If they're in front of you, use utilt to bair I think or something like that. I've never done it but someone here was talking about it

Last edited:

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
Quickdraw autocancels at full hop height, which can lead to some good mixups when recovering back to stage, as was mentioned. keep em guessing whether you're going for ledge or above them onto stage. if you catch them off guard, and they chase after you, a pivot tilt, grab, or turned dash attack can punish them.

of course, if you do it too often, you risk getting up smashed on landing.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Most annoying is when your opponent gets in the way at one of those annoying diagonal angles where Ike swings and completely whiffs, though. The endlag on that is atrocious.

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
Most annoying is when your opponent gets in the way at one of those annoying diagonal angles where Ike swings and completely whiffs, though. The endlag on that is atrocious.
augh, this. I've had a few moments where I just looked at the game and said "no ffs go OVER HIM"

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
Every freaking time....

Top Bottom