• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Draw Cancel?

SwordsmanChris

Smash Rookie
I read in a guide that when you charge Ike's quick draw, you can release it and then press the special move button before the attack lands so that you can stop the quick draw's blow and replace it with another attack while still retaining the speedy approach. I think this would be effective for mindgames, but I have been trying it out in practice and I can't seem to get it to work. Perhaps my reflexes aren't sharp enough... I was wondering if anyone else knew about this 'Quick Draw Cancel' technique. Does it exist? If so, how do you do it?

Also, any other tips about playing Ike would be appreciated. I'm maining him this time around, but I hear he's really easy to pick up, so I want to learn a few tricks to separate myself from a few of the newer Ike mainers.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I read in a guide that when you charge Ike's quick draw, you can release it and then press the special move button before the attack lands so that you can stop the quick draw's blow and replace it with another attack while still retaining the speedy approach. I think this would be effective for mindgames, but I have been trying it out in practice and I can't seem to get it to work. Perhaps my reflexes aren't sharp enough... I was wondering if anyone else knew about this 'Quick Draw Cancel' technique. Does it exist? If so, how do you do it?

Also, any other tips about playing Ike would be appreciated. I'm maining him this time around, but I hear he's really easy to pick up, so I want to learn a few tricks to separate myself from a few of the newer Ike mainers.
I think they mean charging the button enough so that you go just enough so you don't actually hit with the quick draw, and it ends with little lag. Takes practice to get the timing down for it though.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I really did search topics, but I couldn't find this one. I basically duplicated this thread D:...

Does anyone know the timing? The Quick Draw and not landing it on the opponent (make less lag, but the move didn't hit) isn't really canceling. I'd hate for that to be what they meant by the Quick Draw cancel, but it CAN help us out to an extent.

Offtopic: I liked how to guide mentioned this website for up-to-date strategies for the advanced player, nice stuff.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
You could practice and measure the distance he travels per second of charge.
Oddly enough I allready made a thread on this

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=154351

Take a look at that, that's the approximate charge to distance ratio for Ike. It takes a lot of practice to be consistent with it but it improves one's game greatly. I think the guide was wrong on pushing B to cancel it as I've triede it numerous times and it doesn't work, but just knowing the charge distance has the same effect as it allows you to string moves for approach.

Top Bottom