• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/Quick Draw Back to Brawl?

Romans

Smash Rookie
NNID
cshamilton
For the 4th time today I have landed a charged side-B on someone in the air as I am trying to recover, to find Ike fall into free-fall, or a helpless state where he is no longer able to up B.
However there have also been times when I am able to aether after hitting the quick draw.
Does anyone have information as to why this could be happening/why the results are not consistent.
I can post video footage if necessary.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
The results are consistent. You have a very small window of time (I think it's roughly 1-2 seconds) to perform your command after QD uses it's swing animation before Ike goes into a Helpless state. I don't recall the exact size of the window of opportunity, mostly because I've got it committed to muscle memory now. (Yay, practice!)

Betvinga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Betvinga
Basically after you hit with your QD you have a small window where you can Aether or jump.
What bothers me too it's that sometimes after successfully hitting my opponent, Ike falls in the helpless state and I can't input anything, just as if I missed with QD.

Romans

Smash Rookie
NNID
cshamilton
After further observation, I think it happens a lot specifically against Dedede.
And no, I am not hitting Gordos.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
You can always jump or Aether after QD, but you have such a short amount of time you have to react instantly.

D

Deleted member 269706

If you don't react quick enough you will go into a helpless state. Like everyone else said, you have a very small window to react, but it is possible. I could be completely wrong, but I think the window is from the end of the "slash" animation (form QD) to the time Ike goes into his default falling state. Very small, I'd estimate 20-40 frames. But don't quote me on that.

BusterWolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6264-8715
After Ike goes into his slashing animation with QD, you can use your second jump if you still have it, Aether, or air dodge. As others have said, you have a few frames to do this right after the animation, but it's not like you have to be frame perfect. You can just mash the option you want and it'll come out.

Top Bottom