• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick but kinda dumb Question

ChocolateChipped

Smash Rookie
This is going to be a quick but kinda dumb question but what should I be expecting when going into Project M?

Narpas_sword

then you should be expecting a quick paced game that has a similar feel to melee but is different in its own rights.

You should also expect to flub controlling your character because PM requires precision.
PM has no buffer. whereas brawl and 4 have a 10 frame buffer,

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Well some characters have completely different playstyles, or may have similar moves but with different properties. Overall, it is a fast paced game that is quite combo oriented but also diversifies playstyles, with many characters feeling completely unique, a property shared with Smash 4. Learn basic things like terminology if you're not already familiar, and start to practice basic things like wavedashing and dash dancing, too. Your biggest hurdle as the post above said will probably be the speed increase

ChocolateChipped

Smash Rookie
Well some characters have completely different playstyles, or may have similar moves but with different properties. Overall, it is a fast paced game that is quite combo oriented but also diversifies playstyles, with many characters feeling completely unique, a property shared with Smash 4. Learn basic things like terminology if you're not already familiar, and start to practice basic things like wavedashing and dash dancing, too. Your biggest hurdle as the post above said will probably be the speed increase
But I've played Melee a bit too just not as much as Brawl or Sm4sh but thanks for the tips I'm going to try it soon so I wanted feedback about the game before I got it so I didn't waste my time.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
i dont think anyone on this forum would tell you you're wasting your time =p
Yeah definitely not! I mean I'm not even that great at this game but I love playing it and theorizing.

There are several people in any Smash game who are more devoted to how the game works and getting data more than actually being good at it, even. But in lieu of digression, I'll say that PM is a wonderful mod, and it actually feels like its own game. (I REALLY want some new cover art to be made when the gold version is released.)

Top Bottom