• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick attacking twice in the same direction

xlapus

Smash Rookie
I've managed to do it^ completely by fluke a couple times during battles, but I have no idea how to repeat it. I've been trying in training mode for a while now and can't figure out how to do it reliably (or at all for that matter).

Can anyone tell me what it takes to quick attack twice in the same direction?

More specifically, I've managed to QA twice sideways along the ground in a single direction, and I'm wondering if I can learn that, could the same technique also be applied to going up or diagonally twice.

Edit: Actually, on closer inspection, I think what I'm doing is QA'ing down while on the ground, then to the side and it's giving me more horizontal distance than a normal side would give, but that doesn't make it any better than it already is for getting back.
Someone please let me know if I'm wrong and their is a way to do it twice in any direction.

Anther

Smash Champion
It only really goes twice in the same direction if it "Rolls" against some surface... usually against some part of the stage. It rarely happens anytime consistently on the sides, but very similar to what you were doing to go twice horizontally, can happen along the side of a stage, making you go straight up twice.

If you can find someway to get it to happen regularly that'd be really cool though =P.

NeeQueoHH

Smash Apprentice
i sware, no lie. i dont no if any1 will believe me, but i did go up twice. i was recovering and i was right next to the ledge. im not sure wat i did but it was a one time thing. its possible, but i just dont no how i did it. believe me or not =P

xlapus

Smash Rookie
It's easy enough to say how to do it: you have to be falling right next to the stage, then QA up, diagonally towards the stage, the straight up. You should get the appearance of going straight up twice. Now, how often you're likely to get that perfect set up of being falling right next to the stage is another story entirely.

Top Bottom