• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick attack kill setup

GearDragon

Smash Rookie
Yo so I was in the lab with Pikachu and I found that if you hit Ness with the second part of QA you can link that into a footstool. From the footstool you can jablock the opponent if you QA down and don't hit him on the way down. But if you do hit him you can repeat the process. I don't have it down super consistent yet but since I don't have a Wii U I'm not sure if the opponent can act out before you are able to footstool. I also have yet to test it on other characters so I don't know who else it may work on. I was wondering if this has been mentioned before cause if they can escape then it may not matter but I felt it was worth posting.

smashgod75

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3222-6378-9953
Yo so I was in the lab with Pikachu and I found that if you hit Ness with the second part of QA you can link that into a footstool. From the footstool you can jablock the opponent if you QA down and don't hit him on the way down. But if you do hit him you can repeat the process. I don't have it down super consistent yet but since I don't have a Wii U I'm not sure if the opponent can act out before you are able to footstool. I also have yet to test it on other characters so I don't know who else it may work on. I was wondering if this has been mentioned before cause if they can escape then it may not matter but I felt it was worth posting.
Sounds nice. I'll try that

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
Usually when I land quick attacks second hit at mid to high percentage I get a follow up like a Nair, fair, upair, or thunder but it happens so quick that I space it differently each time and find them flying in random directions so I rarely have time to decide what particular follow up I get. I just kinda jump towards them and get whatever the most convenient arial is.

GearDragon

Smash Rookie
Did some more testing... I got it to work on Lucus, Mewtwo, Mr.GnW and Sheik(yeah a FF!!)

I tested it on d-tilt->jablock percents or a little bit higher

L from Switzerland

Smash Rookie
Sounds good, doesn't work. I remember about a year ago when i was labbing and found out about this too. I was actaully talking to esam about it on stream. After i did some more testing i concluded that it's pretty much useless. Especially characters like ness can drift immensly after being footstooled. They'd propably DI in, which would make them get hit with the second QA or DI out which makes it impossible to get a lock. Also, big characters like ROB or M2 are too big and get hit with second QA even easier. When i talked to Esam about it he did some testing as well. i think he said something about it being irrelevant bc good players always DI. sorry to destroy your fanatsies but Pikachu just isn't one of those flashy footstool characters

Top Bottom