• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions related to settings and rules (friendly smashing)

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
Hi all,
Quick question, I might have missed something but could not find it in the search.

Now we can have default rulesets saved for regular smashing. Great. What irks me a bit is when I play with my friends:
We select our default “for fun” ruleset and have a few matches. Then we decide that we want some minor adjustments to the rules (like adding/removing one item, increasing stock count by 1, whatever). So, in character select I click on the rules button in the top left, adjust one or two points… Then
  • The game asks me to save the rules. I can now either override an existing set (what I do not want) or create a new one (what I also do not want).
  • The game sends us back to stage select. Everybody already selected their character, now we need to do it again.

Is there any way around this? I understand the necessity from a competitive standpoint, but I just want to change this one thing. And no, I do not want to save the rules, just get going again right away. In Melee, I could change stock count right from character select, I did not even have to enter the rule settings.

Adding to that, is there any way to keep the characters pre-selected from the previous matches? I just want to have 5 consecutive matches with the same line-up, why would I have to scroll across the whole character board every time?
Finally, in SSB4(3DS version), the game would remember my alt costume. Can I set it to default here as well somewhere?

I know those are minor inconveniences, but still…

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's sadly something we just to have to live with for now, at least until the patch the game. The most convenient thing you could do is make multiple "dummy" rulesets for making the minor tweaks to, and even then it's barely more convenient than just editing the big pre-existing one.

With how the UI was set up, I wouldn't expect them to backtrack to the style the older games did it (with easy to edit rules available on the CSS) sadly.

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the quick reply. So I assume there's no way to have "my" alt costume always selected, right?

Top Bottom