• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions on no impact land vs wave land down from the ledge

Silfo

Smash Rookie
So I did some testing to see which option would be faster to do a standing action from, as a disclaimer I am not 100% sure my frame data is correct though I am at least a little experienced and I have a solid understanding of frame data. I found that from a ledgehop waveland down you can be actionable on frame 26 counting from the first aerial frame off the ledge. Though, you would need to hold forward for every aerial frame before the waveland and the waveland is inputted 1 frame later on YS so I'm going to count this as 27 to be realistic. These are all frame perfect ledgehops any frame later is significantly slower. The fastest I could get a ledge hop no impact land to be was frame 29 actionable, jumping on the third aerial frame however both frame 2 and 3 are possible on YS. These are all fastfallen from the ledge. Considering all this, how close they are in frame data, and that the no impact-land can bring you out a littler farther especially on YT (of course there is also the option to waveland forward if you wanted to be moved forward), is choosing between these two options situational, preference, stage specific, or am I overthinking this? I think it's also worth noting that ledge hoping the first aerial frame seems a lot easier than than the second or third because it's used for almost everything else.

Also while you're here, I'm mainly asking this to help build my training regimen and in addition to that I want to know if ledge hop shield breaker is a viable option to get onto the stage and worth practicing.

I'm pretty new to formatting on smashboards, so sorry I had to just throw it out in all text and thanks for reading it.

Top Bottom