• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions on competitve melee & professional sponsorships.

KOF_FreddyCruger

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, new here. I'm looking to know a few things about the sport.

I have never been involved in E-Sports, so I really need to acquire some information before getting involved in something like this not only for myself, but also people that I will involve by being apart of the competition. Is this the largest discussion boards these days? If so, how do I get involved in competitive melee insofar as sponsors go? How does this work professionally? Is there an outlet for information on the respective melee sponsors, and whatever they may be offering as far as interests in fresh players go? Pr-requisites? Sorry for all the questions, as I am a noobie to the world of e-sports.

Much appreciated, and thanks a bunch in advanced.

RoundUp

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RNDP#758
Hey guys, new here. I'm looking to know a few things about the sport.

I have never been involved in E-Sports, so I really need to acquire some information before getting involved in something like this not only for myself, but also people that I will involve by being apart of the competition. Is this the largest discussion boards these days? If so, how do I get involved in competitive melee insofar as sponsors go? How does this work professionally? Is there an outlet for information on the respective melee sponsors, and whatever they may be offering as far as interests in fresh players go? Pr-requisites? Sorry for all the questions, as I am a noobie to the world of e-sports.

Much appreciated, and thanks a bunch in advanced.
good luck is all i can say. typically only the very best get sponsored in a meaningful way. you have to reach the very top to even be considered for a sponsorship. take a look at the top 100, and take a look at how many have no sponsor.
to reach the very top is something that takes years of productively grinding many hours a day.
just focus on enjoying and playing the game. a sponsorship shouldn't be your goal. if you do ever make the decision you want to take the game seriously to a point where you're regionally dominant and an international threat, you'll know what you're signing up for.

BlusterKongTheKing

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
HCOX#738
I'll sponsor you Freddy. Just put BKTK before your name when you enter a tourney. I can't offer you money or anything though.

Top Bottom