• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about the usefuleness of some of wolf's moves/ some thoughts

pIlsner

Smash Rookie
apparantly every t ime I typed w olf it translated into kitty. (**** april fools joke). So in this article kitty= w olf

So I started playing wolf about a week ago and definitely picked him up pretty fast and really began to like his style so I'm thinking about trying to get in depth with him and get pretty good.

I have so far pretty much figured out the uses for some of his better smashes for most situations. Yet, his down tilt doesn't seem to have any part in my play style because it doesn't even come close to the power of dsmash. According to Drack's guide the downtilt hits for 6% and the down smash hits for 13-14%. They seem to come out at about the same speed. The down smash I use for KO's all the time so I just don't see the use.

Also, his up tilt might have KO potential, but so does the up smash. It does come out a bit quicker but I can find very little situations to use it in.

Lastly, how do you (if ever) use his neutral air? I have read about using the neutral air in combo with his shine but haven't really tried it out enough yet.

Some thoughts/advice on wolf so far:

1. A defensive wolf seems to be a pretty powerful method of approaching some characters. I face my back to the enemy when a decent distance away, which gives me the option of back kicking him, dodging, rolling, or many other things when the opponent charges. Wolf also does well reflecting projectiles if they start to poke at you from afar. You can't really use this method the whole game because they will figure out how to get around it, but its good every once in a while.

2. Back kick is real good for poking at your opponents/juggling them.

3. Down smash is your friend and will kill them at pretty decently low percentages.

4. Forward smash is also your friend and is really annoying with it's surprisingly long ranges. But be careful because if you keep using it they will figure out that they can dodge it or roll past it and punish you.

5. Always poke at the enemy with B. When they are approaching or just sitting back. Use it with combos too. It is a great tool. The bayonet on the front is also really useful.

I would love to see more professional wolf videos up here.

Thoughts?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wolf is like a smash menace. He'll likely abuse his super fast smash attacks, and they sure can pack a punch when they connect.

Basically, you need to learn his attacks, block them, and then counter with a grab attempt if possible.

Crocuta

Smash Rookie
between the kittys and halos this is a little too strange to read right now :(

pIlsner

Smash Rookie
hahah yea I re-read my post and it really doesn't make sense due to the **** april fools joke.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
I've tried to get myself in the habit of using the dtilt occasionally to avoid the dsmash getting "stale". Still not sure how well that's working out considering dsmash can kill so well even after it's stale (at least to me, but then again, I'm not all the observant).

As for his nair, I've seen some videos that include wolf using a SH nair as there's close to no lag on that move, with the added bonus of not being able to be shield grabbed if you angle your approach right.

And if you can RAR reasonably well, you don't need to have your back facing your opponent, and can be spamming blasters until the last possible moment .

Hope that helped some.

::edit:: HAIR REMOVER = n air

Top Bottom