• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Questions about running Doubles bracket

InterestingTim

Smash Rookie
I'm going to be hosting my second tournament soon and I'm going to have a double bracket.

Should I run singles bracket first, or doubles? I'm planning to start one of them at 6:30 PM (venue couldn't do earlier) and one person told me Doubles is more convenient if you do that first, before singles.

Also, what's the deal with Kongo Jungle 64? I know it's banned in singles for good reasons, but what about doubles? I hear that it's fine as a legal counter pick stage, but it isn't used much. Should I have it legal or would it be better if it was banned?

Thanks in advance.

LukeTheSheppy

Smash Rookie
I'd say Doubles first, since you can push it through pretty quick, and Melee generates the most hypes. Ending the best for last, yeah?

As for Congo, it is a counterpick, leave it legal. :3

Top Bottom