• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about Olimar

Veng

Smash Ace
Alright I want to explain this whole thing so here I go, bare with me.

I love the Pikmin games, they were amazingly fun, espically with my best friend at my house. Now that brawl is out, I got caught up with lucas and other characters for the moment, but then I realized something, I wasnt having fun, so I went through the whole line up today, and when I hit Olimar on random, I realized, I was having fun, good or not.

So I kept experimenting, and I see people on here dissing olimar, and at my gamestop tourney, 2 kids with a video camera; "fat kid: hahaheaha 23 more minutes" Dad: "who are you gonna use" "fat kid: its random.. I feel bad for the kid who gets olimar hahahahaha!!!"

Ridiculous. Anyways, my main question is, will Olimar have a chance? at all? And im thinking about maining him because hes so fun, but I want your opinions first.

Espically this late after the release, should I main him?

Thanks -michael

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Hi there, mate! Well, if you're having fun using Olimar, and you're happy with him, I think he should be your main, then. :)

It's very important to have fun when playing Super Smash Bros, whether you are playing casually or competitively. That is the most important aspect of gaming. :) Don't forget that!

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
EDIT: Oops! I'm sorry, I double-posted on accident! :(

Hi there, mate! Well, if you're having fun using Olimar, and you're happy with him, I think he should be your main, then. :)

It's very important to have fun when playing Super Smash Bros, whether you are playing casually or competitively. That is the most important aspect of gaming. :) Don't forget that!

And yeah, it's never too late to change your main character.

Arkio

Smash Cadet
Olimar is really fun and so far, rather good. I think you should definatley main him.

About that story, when i first started, yeah olimar seemed pretty bad, but then i played him more and found he was quite good.

He is my main =D

MightyRoar

Smash Rookie
olimar is by far the funnest character to use; whether you're winning or not. and best part is seeing the look on people's faces when they lose to olimar for the first time. if fun is what you're all about, by all means, main olimar.

Snailboto

Smash Rookie
I think that Olimar definitely will have a chance, if you take a look at the boards, a ton of the posts are proclaiming Olimar is "unbeatable" or "top tier." He's also in my opinion, the funnest character to use.

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
I first picked Olimar as a joke too. Then I started throwing pikmin and I couldn't stop. Does Olimar have a chance? Absolutely. Sometimes it's shocking how much power his smashes have. And there is just so much variety in his game that you can oscillate between a number of different, devastating attack strategies. He's worth putting the time and effort into. Olimar is like finding a $20 bill on the street.

Top Bottom