• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions about 0lag fair

Alain

Smash Cadet
Hey i just learned 0lag fair and i have been following up with a downsmash but i usually never use it at the right time. I am more used to the wall of wolf spam.

What is a good situation to do the 0lag fair and what are some good follow ups?
i hope this is not a double post.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Don't follow up with dsmash, save that for KOs.

Blaster is a good follow up to most things. Fair, that, and then approach, possibly by turning around and WoWing, possibly with your reflector... be creative.

I generally use the 0 lag fair when I can hit an opponent approaching through the air with it (gotta be careful with this), when someone is on a platform above me, as an attack coming from the ledge.

It's fairly situational. Wolf walling is a better technique.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
at low %, if you're DI'ing forward, your 0fair ties into your utilt.

I more often find myself DI'ing backward and using the 0fair to hit enemies that try to sh-aerial, and if they don't get close enough to get hit, at least it makes them think twice about jumping towards me.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I do what GERM does. Fair to utilt. (However, I never think to do that, because approaching with someone head-on doing that combo is ridiculously stupid). I would suggest using Dsmash for KOs, but really, out of a fair 0lag, you can do a lot of things, such as reflector.

Personally, I use the reflector or a normal AAA, then an fsmash.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Don't commit to moves. You should wait until you see their trajectory from your fair and then decide which move is best to follow up with. Uair is usually a good follow up but it really just depends on how your opponent DIs and what percent they're at.

Top Bottom